• 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Xixi2 wrote:
Hello all,

I've had a lot of games where three people are locked in a stand off, where nobody attacks anyone because that would give the game to the third one.
When playing with unexperienced players, this usually ends with a murder suicide.
With experienced players, it usually ends up with me asking the admins to cancel the game.

I think it would be nice to have a "Let's make it a draw button", just like the resign one.
If everybody still alive in the game click on it, the game is a draw and the remaining players share the points lost by already dead players.

What do you guys think ?
Matty wrote:
I think that's a good idea, to get a voting system.

I don't think it's a good idea to share points of dead players. You only win by winning, you don't win by not losing.
Otherwise it's a case of: he has a high rank, lets kill him and then agree to the draw, so that we get some extra points.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
TheMachiavelli wrote:
I agree with Matty. Draw: no points for anyone, dead or alive. And yes, button would make it faster/easier than having to get an admin to end the game/return points afterwards.
Xixi2 wrote:
I agree with Matty too, then :).
Most of the time, there is no dead players in my case anyway.
I was just trying to cover all angles.
rolyat wrote:
Make mine vote #4. :)

So, what do the admins think? Are they going to do it?
ʎzɐɹɔ sı sıɥʇ, lol
Vexer wrote:
It will happen. It's just a matter of when the programmers will get to it. The voting system could also be used to change the turn time. That way you could start the game with 3 min turns and increase the time as needed or even turn it into a long term game without needing to find a game attendant or moderator. Another possible feature would be to vote to restart the game which would be really handy for the case when new players move all their troops off their cap on the first turn.
elysium5 wrote:
I like the restart option you mentioned, Vexer. That would be a nice feature.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Live game lobby
07 May, 04:59
LuckyRolls: Admin required - Game 914002 - remaining players agree to DRAW
07 May, 05:19
Olympus: d12 can incorporate draw tab for players within games?

I guess this thread gets a bump by Olympus...
The draw button would definitely satisfy a lot of live gamers, no-one likes waiting around for a mod (even though we're usually pretty quick).
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
This one is on the list, but not very easy. If you guys can make a good UI, maybe we can get to it easier, as that is part of the difficulty - how on earth do we display this and the voing and all.

But even then, not gonna happen soon.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
dough_boy wrote:
From a UI I would put it next to the Resign section. Just a simple button that says "Draw/Stalemate". Maybe some helper text somewhere that can be linked to.

When you press it then it posts a canned message in the chat that you requested a draw. If you click it again it posts a message that you don't want a draw, etc. Every time someone clicks it the system checks to see if all of the active players have agreed to it. If so, do the magic.

Seems relatively simple.
elysium5 wrote:
The one flaw I see with doing this is when players think it is ok to gang up on a player who doesn't want a draw just so they can eliminate that player and call a draw after.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
elysium5
The one flaw I see with doing this is when players think it is ok to gang up on a player who doesn't want a draw just so they can eliminate that player and call a draw after.

This can happen anyway - kill the guy who wants to play on, then call the admin to end the game.
And in this instance the game can be reported for illegal alliances.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).