Visual Replay of turns/actions
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
the_brown_eye wrote:
I don't imagine this would be the easiest thing to develop, but I think it would be nice to have a way to visually see, step by step, what has occurred in the game. 

The logs are there and document everything very clearly, however it would be wonderful to be able to translate these logs into a visual representation of what has occurred. Especially in long games, a look back through the logs can give you a feel for what happened, however they don't convey the ebb and flow of a game nearly as directly and clearly as a visual replay might. 

I believe Warlight does this quite well. I'm not suggesting that the same thing be done as there, but I do think this is one area in which D12 could use a bit of development - it can be so satisfying to go back through a game and visually see what happened - reinforcements; attacks; all of it. Even if it's only visible after the game is complete, it would be great to be able to review. 
Cireon wrote:
The current system is actually designed with this feature in mind. As a matter of fact, internally the server already plays back the entire game to show you the right state. We would just have to design an interface that allows you to watch it, but in theory it is possible.

It will still take quite some time to develop however, and it's not on the top of our priority list, but I am fairly certain it will be added one day.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card