• 30 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
4myGod wrote:
Alright I went over the rank and made some idea for the skill required and the cost of points:

Skill Required
0 basic
1 private
5 private first class
15 lance corporal
30 corporal
50 corporal first class
70 sergeant
90 sergeant major
120 Command Sergeant
150 Warrent Officer
180 Chief Warrent Officer
210 2nd Lieutenant
250 1st Lieutenant
300 Captain
350 Major
410 Lieutenant Colonel
490 Colonel
600 Brigadier General
720 Major General
850 Lieutenant General
1000 General

Cost in tokens
100 private
200 private first class
350 lance corporal
500 corporal
650 corporal first class
850 sergeant
1050 sergeant major
1250 command sergeant
1500 warrent officer
1750 chief warrent officer
------ 8200 tokens 410 games -------
2050 2nd Lieutenant
2350 1st Lieutenant
2700 Captain
3050 Major
3450 Lieutenant Colonel
3850 Colonel
4300 Brigadier General
4750 Major General
5200 Lieutenant General
5650 General
------ 37350 tokens 1868 games -----

To help figure out how long it would take to get those ranks, I calculated how many games you would have to play, getting 20 tokens per game, in order to afford those ranks.

It would take 410 games to get to warrent officer and an additional 1868 games to get to General.

Some of you might be thinking, "whoa! That's outrageous!" However you also must keep in mind you get tokens for inviting friends and we will be giving out tokens for winning tournaments... when we have tournaments.

Inviting friends was going to bring in 100 tokens per 5 games the friend plays up to 25 games. So max of 500 tokens per friend you can earn. Then winning tournaments could get you like 500-1000 tokens. So the players who are truly good will be winning tournaments, and thus needing those tokens to purchase their expensive ranks.

By having the ranks like this, when you see a general... you are going to be like "holy shiz... it's a general..."

It also pushes people to either play a lot of tournaments, invite friends, or purchase premium. Remember we will have live games for freemium users as well, so those will be quick ways to earn 20 tokens.

What are everyone's thoughts?
thaithai wrote:
good.when we can apply it.i wait u apply it soon.do u give back us tokens and we buy new rank.
i think we can earn 37350 token in 2 years.lol
i need clone acc to get more token and skill point.
4myGod wrote:
lol, clone account won't help you get skill.

I want to see what a few others think of the cost/skill requirements before I implement the new ranks.

I will add the friend token bonus soon so people can start inviting friends and earning more tokens.
Emmdizzle wrote:
Those numbers might seem outrageous now...and they certainly do...but when you add team games as well, I think that will help help in gaining skill. Plus, I like the fact 4myGod that you are thinking long term...because a couple years playing games really isn't that long. And if the skill numbers actually end up being too difficult to achieve say after 6 months no one is advancing past a specific point maybe you can adjust the skill levels. But for now I say let's implement what you've created. thaithai has a good point though, how do you make the switch from current ranks to new ranks? I'm assuming everybody's token counts will stay the same right? But what about all the tokens spent buying current rank?
lionheart wrote:
1868, that is specific, you didn't pluck that one out of the sky, why not round it up or down.

I hope it does become easier to get tokens, at my current rate of play it takes about 2 months to get 300 tokens, times it by 100 i think is 200 months which means about 15 years I will be top dog ;)

It is a life goal for me now, I am delaying getting married and having kids until I make it to general
thaithai wrote:
LOL there is a hole in rule of rank.i can get how many skill point if i want.A win B 10 game.B win C 10 game.C win A 10 game.each have 10 skill point .that is a hole
to lionheart.good . u send me ur girlfriend's phone while u delay
4myGod wrote:
LOL lionheart. Yeah, I will add other ways, you will have to get into tournaments but you will be able to catch up, imagine if you got 1000 tokens per tourny. That would be about 34 tournies. Hmm.. sounds too easy actually, might have to change it to 500 for winning tournies...

Anyways, it will be easier for you. I rounded up from 1868.6... :P

Man plan for implementing was to give people the closest costing rank that they have paid for. It's very simple on my end. Each rank has an id in the system. So I'm not actually adding ranks, I'm adding some, but I'm editing existing ranks with new names and images. So right now private is 200 tokens. So I will give them private first class perhaps which is 200 tokens in the new system. So everyone will drop down to private until they buy back up.

If I didn't do it that way I'd have to go through person by person for everyone on the site and give them their tokens back or something. I might be able to make a script to give everyone back the tokens they paid to buy all of their ranks, then add/edit the ranks... It would be more difficult though...
4myGod wrote:
LOL thaithai! wow, taunting now huh?

As for the "hole" thaithai. If A wins B 10 times and B win C 10 times and C wins A 10 times.. who is better? They are all the same right? yes, in the points they are the same too, each has 10 skill points, they are all equals.

So you are talking about playing and winning 100 games against each other like this to build your skill points. The thing is you would need 3 accounts for that, and if I caught someone with 3 accounts they would be banned. Or you would need to make a deal with other players to do something like that, and if they did that I would have to ban all 3 for exploiting the system. Also you would need to not play any other players, because if you played other players it might ruin your system, because if another player wins against B then you don't get as many points.

No matter what ranking system it is, there will always be a way to cheat, but the best system will be the one where it's either the hardest to cheat on, or the easiest to catch cheaters... ours is both.
Emmdizzle wrote:
Sounds like you have it figured out 4my...let's implement it ASAP!!!
lionheart wrote:
hehehe, I know a few girlfriends I wouldn't mind shipping off to you in Vietnam
4myGod wrote:
From what I know of british girls (tv)... I'd keep them there on the island.
lionheart wrote:
Why? in case they start to spread their evil ways to the rest of the world like a plague?

(I would just like to say I hold no animosity to my female kin in fact they are all lovely, lovely creatures!!!(in case any find their way here))
4myGod wrote:
lol, exactly. From tv they seem to have the personality of men, just don't want them effecting the rest of society :P

Only joking though, I'm sure there are some softer personalities among the females in UK, I just never see them on tv or in music...
lionheart wrote:
Your right, of course you can never stereotype a whole nation but a lot of the British girls especially in towns are the opposite to what a girl is supposed to be eg. innocent. Girls like fags and booze here not cute animals and picking flowers. There are some nice girls around the countryside where I am but their dads wont let me within 20 miles of them ;)