• 29 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Here are some suggestions for improving the gameplay of same time games:

1) Set value when ascending: same set value for all players who turn in a set during the same turn. With the difference between first and last being substantial, there is a race to be the slowest which in my view results in worse gameplay.

2) Possibility to have one minute turns.

3) For some reason, you don't get a sound notification when a same time game starts. This would be REALLY useful!
Cireon wrote:
No. 3 is already resolved in an upcoming large update to the website :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Good to hear #3 is incoming.

I suppose #1 might be harder to implement (as would require differences between same time and consecutive games). I'd have thought #2 wouldn't be too hard (and could be welcome to make some consecutive games faster too, especially in smaller maps).

Thanks for getting back to me!
PsymonStark wrote:
In general, one min turns are not popular because it means no time to think your moves and less quality games. Personally, given how same time games are played, shorter turns (1,5 or 2 min, not 1 min) could be useful, but exclusively for same time games and with a noticeable warning.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
Yes, 1.5 or even 2 minutes could work for same time. I can appreciate it wouldn't work for continuous turns games.
PsymonStark wrote:
Sorry I didn't have time to fully comment before. On #1 it's the first time that I see that proposed, and feel like it could be an interesting idea. Would like to see true opinions from usual players (hopefully not biased due to their strategies :) )

Well not that my opinion really matters :D
Hoodlum wrote:
1 minute turns only seems appealing to sametimers really. In general that would be terrible for a new player to stumble into a 1 minute turn. It's already bad enough they rock up to a sametime turn with no clue.

i like the idea of #1. so as players aren't waiting, for the other player to trade as the time ticks down..last second trading, potentially missing turn or adding time yawwnn.

so..to be clear.
If the trades are ascending..the same value for all players if they choose to trade on that round? i'd agree with that.

On another thought about trading cards...in sametime games, especially 1v1 cap games, getting a trade can be a bad thing at the wrong time. because you might be in a race scenario to kill a cap or have your capital killed. the extra task of clicking on those cards to trade, or to even skip, is potentially a loss. A toggle option to auto trade (when you get a trade) would be ideal. Having a trade shouldn't be a a disadvantage in a risk game..unheard of! :)

I'd prefer add time was disabled from sametime too. players use it to turn the game basically into a consecutive game which kind of defeats the purpose of sametime.

btw..to all the same time haters.. real wars are fought at the same time!

Right now..the main glitch, is ..when a player kills someone, their time is added, but for the rest of the players they only see their own timer, and when that runs out, their clock shows 00:00. It's an unknown. A spectator can see what time the killer has left. If you log off, you can see his timer. If you refresh, you get to see it for a split second before it shows 00:00. 

My suggested improvements..

Add time disabled.
Auto trade (toggle option)
A fix for the Glitch mentioned.

I'm also liking Machiavelli's suggestion about set trades per round, because currently, the way it's being used, it's another time manipulation..waiting, to trade last for a bigger trade, adding time to do it.

Would like to hear other same timers thoughts
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
Then it should be a fair point to make same time unlockable. No more (that) easy noob farming because they stumble upon that feature and potentially rage quit, and no (many) more ruined games because of that either. Players would still be able to access it having played a handful of games, not a huge limitation, but those who play will be fully aware that they're not playing a normal game because they had to actively buy it with tokens.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I agree with Hoodlum's suggestions, but I have a little concern about the logistics of Auto trade-in: When there are multiple possible combinations of turn-in, how does the computer decide which 3 cards to turn in?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
In the new site you need to purchase same time games now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
Virtuosity98 - Dec 15, 04:41 PM
I agree with Hoodlum's suggestions, but I have a little concern about the logistics of Auto trade-in: When there are multiple possible combinations of turn-in, how does the computer decide which 3 cards to turn in?
Give priority to the combination with more +2 bonus then random?

Great Matty. I wasn't sure :)
Matty wrote:
PsymonStark - Dec 15, 06:20 PM
Great Matty. I wasn't sure :)
I added it today :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
TheMachiavelli wrote:
One more thing: that banner that tells you to 'start turn' is solid and sometimes in a really inconvenient place. At times when you want to be the fastest in the west it can get you killed. This is a very minor inconvenience, granted.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
I agree the glitch needs sorting (in the meantime, there is a way to get around the glitch with adding time - that adds 5 minutes + the glitch time to everyone's clocks).

Agree with disabling add time.

Agree about toggling auto trade.