• 39 posts
  • Page 2 of 3
Emmdizzle wrote:
Maybe for the Dominating 12 we can have colored backgrounds as well:) 4myGod, if I'm throwing too many ideas out there tell me to shut up please...it's only cuz I care:)
Emmdizzle wrote:
The corporal 1st class having three chevrons and then going back to two chevrons for sergeant doesn't make much sense to me.
4myGod wrote:
yeah I would soften the shadow around the borders. I don't want to make gold chevrons because I want people to be able to quickly distinguish officers, just by the fact that they have gold and silver instead of red and white.

I tried maybe using a white bg for the premium. I've also made some changes, I kept the previous one up there. Look at the original post.
4myGod wrote:
No worries. The problem with many sites is members back down at the first sign of admin disapproval. We need members to fight for what they think is best. I may think something is a bad idea now and then after 3 pages of debate you convince me and we make something awesome.

There is also the option of making it so that non-prems are enlisted while prems are officers... We would have to make more ranks for enlisted and officer though, perhaps adding more 1st class and 2nd class to the original ranks.
Emmdizzle wrote:
I like the white backgrounds for premium...nice change:) The silver borders look good also and maybe you can make the borders for officers gold. The premium for officers and freemium for enlisted doesn't appeal to me because I think the best players should be able to become officers regardless of paid status. It's going to take them a long time to save enough tokens if they're only playing 4 games at a time. The black backgrounds for premium look good too but the stripes have to be black! No color my friend. I'm telling you the more drab they look against the premium ranks, the more likely players would be willing to go premium. If you need more enlisted ranks, just add staff sergeant and master sergeant between sergeant and sergeant major. You could even add warrant officer and chief warrant officer to bridge enlisted ranks to officer ranks...damn that's a great idea emm (as I pat myself on the back) lol! The more ranks the better in my opinion! My standard games win % right now I believe stands at 62% and that is incredibly high and once you begin team games it will go even higher because then I will have a 50-50 chance of winning every game instead of like 17% chance on a 6 player standard game so even if you would think the top ranks would be unattainable team games make them attainable.
Emmdizzle wrote:
Only 17 players in CC history have attained Field Marshal and that's out of over 100,000 plus players that have ever signed up to play on that site. Make the enlisted ranks easier to attain...it keeps players interested. Since you plan on coming out with all of these new ranks I think it my be trial and error as far as setting token counts and skill points. CC has about 16-18% officer ranks and the rest are enlisted. Isn't that roughly a similar ratio in the armed forces? I'm guessing I don't know for sure. But if you can achieve a simliar ratio, I think the site will be a smashing success!
4myGod wrote:
Yeah, I just want all the ranks to look cool, even the freemiums. It will suck people in, even if they aren't paying.
4myGod wrote:
Yeah, I just want all the ranks to look cool, even the freemiums. It will suck people in, even if they aren't paying.
Emmdizzle wrote:
I meant the freemium stripes should be white not black...if they were black you couldn't see them! They do look cool with the red stripes though.
4myGod wrote:
Ok, I added officer ranks, tell me what you guys think before I make premium versions
Emmdizzle wrote:
I love the officer ranks 4myGod!! You knocked it out of the ballpark designing those. Great job!!
Emmdizzle wrote:
Hurry up with the premium officer ranks 4my...I'm like a little kid at Christmas that can't wait to open presents:)
4myGod wrote:
I added what the prem officers will look like, but I don't know if it looks as great as the dark ones, I think we might need to figure out a new thing to do.

We want the yellow, but the yellow is kinda hard to see with the white bg, I darkened it as much as I could without making it look like dirty yellow or orange.
4myGod wrote:
Ok, I posted 2 options for the premium officer ranks. The white bg and the burgendy bg.