Private Chat as a setting option
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
blich32 wrote:
There are a bunch of kids (including myself) that are getting chat shut off due to public view because of swearing or other bad language. The basis here is we all go to school together (there is like 80 of us, we don't play with random people), and we mess with each other and swear an have fun because it is funny. We are kids. Private chat would allow us to continue our fun and not have consequences, this site gets us through the school day. Private chat as an option would limit problems with admins @Hoodlum. Just a suggestion, so we can make the site thrive and play in peace with no issues. We are spreading this game fyi.
aeronautic wrote:
Click on a friend's name and on the right it says "Send Private Message", you can all message each other with whatever good or bad language you like, it's private and it shows up as Message (1) on the top right of the screen.
Kind of like text messaging, only with more screen space and a subject if you want one!?

Then you can keep the bad language out of public view.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
yes thanks aero,as long as you only do this with your group, and your room is locked with no outsiders in your game,.. and You can add more than one player to the conversation as in a group chat..just use a comma (,) between names when you enter a name in the 'send to'.

It is good practice for you to just abide by our rules in our normal game chat, lobbys and forums, age is not an excuse. We have some young players who act and behave quite intelligently and with maturity. If they hadn't told us their name, no one would have guessed otherwise. There's no reason why you can't be just respectful towards a site that's that has simple rules, and free. I'm sure you can just chat with your friends sitting next to you (in class) anyway, if you want to carry on with the foul banter. We still expect you to play to win fairly, and abide by our other rules of gameplay.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
blich32 wrote:
Okay, thanks hoodlum, just suggesting ideas for those who choose not to follow the rules out our school. Don't want to get punished for something i didn't do haha, thats all. Thanks!