• 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
badbug wrote:

What about an automatic pop-up window for the first turn of a live game.

Sometimes if a game is taking long to fill up i will be watching other people play and mocking them! or i'll be reading the forum trying to figure out why i am so much better than everyone else.....

Often in fog games, seeing the board right from the start can be crucial.  And in multiplayer games or just regular 1v1 games if you go first, you can waste a bit of other people's time. 

So i was thinking that a window that brings you directly to the game the moment it starts, regardless of your turn placement, would let people know.

Maybe advanced players that play many games, who would find this annoying, could have the option to disable it.  I am just a poor boy relegated to one at a time......

elysium5 wrote:
If you are as awesome as you think you are, you shouldn't need this feature.

Chuck Norris doesn't need a pop-up window...pop-up windows need Chuck Norris.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
farspaceplace wrote:
when chuck norris makes push-ups its not him moving against gravity...its the world moving against chuck norris. I agree Badbug that seeing the start of first round can be important, but ...shouldnt one just be paying attention (i mean as i understand it the coders have plenty of other things to see too, and this issue is probabaly something u can be counted on being your own responsibility...if you want to play in many games or hang around on the internet while it fills fine, but that is sort of the players choice)
HammerTime wrote:
If you have yr game page up..an start another page to look in forums..ect.when the game starts or when yr turn..u will here the click of game starting or turn going to next player.
Luck,is the defining factor of a good strategy
Cireon wrote:
HammerTime is right. There will be a sound whenever the game starts. I understand that it is difficult to know when your own game starts if you are looking at another game with sounds. We could maybe make it so that only games you are in give sounds or even use a different sound for game starts so that this becomes easier to distinguish.

Another option we may be looking into is using some of the browser features to draw attention to the tab. Some browsers have the ability to highlight tabs or even send out notifications to you. This would be good options, but are highly dependent on which browser you are using.

The only all-round way of drawing attention to a tab is exactly the on you are proposing: using an automatic popup. These popups are called "alerts" for a reason though: they should be used to convey important warnings.

So no, I agree to the things that are already said: this is still your own responsibility. You have to go back to the game regularly to hit the "Still here" button anyway, so you might as well check if the game has started on a regular basis. We may add some features that make it easier to see when a game has started, but it's not our foremost priority.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
hmmmm, what if....

whatever page D12 page you are on, any game that has the 3 minutes left (3 mins, because of minimum live turn time) to take a turn, you get redirected to that game page. it would be annoying of course, if you are in the middle of posting something in the forums, but you probably shouldn't be posting anything in the forums while playing a live game.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman