• 13 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
chris wrote:
I just started a game in Africa and the map isn't showing up when I go into the game. Instead, I've got a big, black box where the picture of the map should be. It does have the circles with the armies in them though.

Tried clearing cookies, hard and soft refresh, and closing the window and opening it back up again. I'm in the beta site.

*Game 824

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
4myGod wrote:
lol, chris I love you. I figured out why it's not showing up for you guys. I didn't realize it, but when you mentioned the beta site it hit me, you all are probably still using the beta site. The real site is the most up to date now. It's my fault, I should have told everyone. Don't use the beta site, use the regular site now. I will put a redirect on the beta site to the regular site for people.

Thanks chris! You and others had the same problem.
rgenandt wrote:
I am on the real site, I can't see the Africa map, actually - I can't even see the Africa thread in the maps forum once I go in, even though in the main forum page it's showing that I have un-read threads there?
4myGod wrote:
ok, that's weird. Go ahead and try a ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh. Now not seeing that forum, perhaps you can take a screenshot of the page that shows all the threads except that one?

As for the Africa map. Have you purchased it from your shop? Remember games with the Africa map won't show up for you unless you purchase the map first.
rgenandt wrote:
Oh, duh....sorry!! In case anyone doesn't know, I am blonde and I'll just use that as the excuse this time
rgenandt wrote:
Here is the shot of the screen that shows unread threads in that forum:

Map Creation Help us create new maps. 12 101
April, 27th 7:40 PM
In: Africa 1890
By: 4myGod

General Discussion Discuss anything about the game. 82 435
Yesterday, 8:36 PM
In: Testing the site

Off-Topic Be random, it's ok. 13 80
January, 2nd 7:26 AM
In: Holiday Humor

Suggestions/Feedback How can we be better? 110 467
Today, 1:51 PM
In: new look for ranks
By: chris
rgenandt wrote:
And now here is the screen of the Map creation threads:

Topic Title  Started By  Replies  Views  Latest Post 

Map Suggestions
Have a cool idea? Suggest it here!
wca 8 162
December, 14th 8:12 PM 2009
By: xerogathe

DXII Guide to Mapmaking
I'll come back and write this later...
wca 9 197
October, 30th 1:52 AM 2009

Map - Thailand
4myGod 11 182
March, 26th 8:47 PM

Map Idea
Map Idea
wespre 1 35
February, 28th 8:22 PM

The Modern World
4myGod 1 56
January, 24th 6:21 PM
By: rick

Need more maps
4myGod 11 102
December, 8th 2:42 PM 2009
By: chris

Solar System Map
chris 23 217
December, 3rd 6:00 PM 2009

Europe
wca 6 142
December, 1st 3:30 AM 2009

Korea Japan
In the works
4myGod 11 123
November, 3rd 12:34 PM 2009
By: sfhbballnut

USA
work in progress
wca 8 122
October, 15th 10:55 PM 2009
By: sfhbballnut

Isthmus of Panama
wca 1 115
September, 30th 1:19 AM 2009

This is the complete list - note that Africa is not there?
rgenandt wrote:
Yep, tried that, I've cleared cookies too -
It says it's displaying 1 - 12 of 12...but only 11 are on the screen.
4myGod wrote:
OMG lol... actually, it's the same for me... I've always been clicking it from the main forums. Never actually going into the map section... what the heck? that's a weird bug, I will look at it when I have time near the internet.
chris wrote:
Every post now tells me that the moderating team has removed it. I'd guess that's why it's not showing up, but the number's still there. I can't think of a good reason for it to have been nuked either. At least not the whole thread.

chris wrote:
I put a post in at the end and that did it for me. All the other entries are still blanked though.

4myGod wrote:
Ok, I fixed it. The problem was that for some reason that forum board had members with moderation privileges. I fixed it so they can't moderate and brought the posts back, so the map forum is back under my control!