Got an idea?
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
Just some ideas i've had at one point and probably mentioned before.

Sametime.
I feel is a game mode that can discourage new members from coming back. Perhaps a good idea is to have sametime mode auto locked when signing up. A mode that has to be purchased with tokens? This way the new player will question what sametime is before accidently stumbling into a sametime game. A sametime room could show as locked, and perhaps as a player is hovering with his mouse pointer something like "unlock sametime mode".

Capitals. How to prevent a new player from making that mistake of leaving his capital weak.
Capitals is a risk mode I have played before where it was ok to leave your capital, you only NEEDED to hold your capital as a win objective at the same time as capturing the other players capitals. I wouldn't mind seeing this mode here also, however, I think there needs to be a solution to make it clear immediately for new players of how it works on D12, dunno what that solution is tho.

Mission games. Particulary kill missions as they can be more fair. Mission objective tab = "Kill all troops belonging to Hoodlum to win game. If another player kills Hoodlum and hasn't triggered a victory, you win on your following turn". These are fun. Skilled players in the same game will disguise their mission throughout the game. If they fall short in a failed attempt, they are exposed and weak. Strategy is then shifted to protect both parties, aswell as continue on your own objective. Game strategy can just be played as you would play a normal increasing card game with a sweep of the board, as long as it's the right time!

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Mission games may be hard to implement as they usually include some geopgraphical missions, such as "Take N.America and Australia". This means that each map would need different missions, which would mean many updates and mean a longer map creation process. But I would love this gametype!

Also I agree with the other suggestions, but your Capitals suggestion would need another name.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

farspaceplace wrote:
on another site majorcommand they have two alternatives: 1) mercenary: the ply/team who personally eliminates most will win  2) assassin: each ply is assigned a random target (if on team each member still have their own individual target)...if the target dies (doesnt matter who kills him, as long as he is eliminated even by third party)then the ply (and his team) with that target will win
aeronautic wrote:
I like the Same Time auto lock idea, it is something that new players seem to stumble into and it is possible that this discourages them from D12, thinking that this is how games are played here.

Other suggestions, whilst being fun and different, I played at CC for a short time before coming here and the biggest thing that bugged me was the fact that I could only join LT games and the settings were always so complicated, I never knew what I was joining and even while playing, I was still unsure of the settings and the win objective of the games, because they had so many set-up options, none of which were made obvious or easy to understand.
This allowed regular players to trawl me for points... and boy did they take advantage of their freedom to exploit new players.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
I like the assassin mission idea. Just play with the only objective being to 'Kill Fendi'. Gotta love that.

I do suggest that if my objefctive is to kill, say, Fendi, and someone else (say Cireon) kills her instead of me, that I get a new objective, namely Fendi's target.

Instead of me randomly winning the game because Cireon gave it to me...
This allows Cireon to go for Fendi's 5 cards and use the resulting double turn in to kill his objective.

Is the complicatedness of settings a problem with D12 or with CC? Cause I could possibly keep the settings part of the 'join game' tab always visible (with the mouse overs to explain them) but just rename the tab to 'game settings' or something.
It's just that I'd like an option (in the user profile) to not show that tab, and options are a pain to add right now.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria