• 16 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
lionheart wrote:
I just mentioned this in another topic but im thinking that if players dont tend to play many games at a time or only play large 6,7,8 player games it takes a lot long time to save up tokens.

i have 88 skill points, enough for command sergeant, but in over a month iv saved about 200 tokens meaning it will take about 8 months for me to save up enough to buy that rank.

I could be biased but thats a long time and longer if i spend tokens on other stuff. Whats peoples thoughts on offering tokens depending on your position? e.g. 10 tokens for every person your ahead of

8 player game 8th place 10 tokens
        7th place 20 tokens
        etc

sorry for blabbing on so long
4myGod wrote:
I think it's an interesting idea, perhaps it was you or someone else who mentioned giving extra tokens to the winner.

Perhaps we can do something like 5 tokens per person playing. So if you play an 8 person game then everyone gets 40 tokens at the end. If you play a 1v1 then you get 10 tokens at the end.

Then, the winner of the game can receive 5 more tokens than everyone else.

It will take a while to obtain higher ranks like command sergeant though. The reason is, you might play one game against a really good player and immediately have enough skill points to be a command sergeant. This however isn't so fair, because it really takes a lot of games to gather a good average of your skill. You might have won the one game because of extreme luck or maybe something crazy happened or something unusual.

So we do try to make it take a while to get the higher ranks. So it kinda requires that you play a lot of games, that way we can get a good average of your skill, and make sure it's not just a fluke.
rgenandt wrote:
I like the idea of more tokens for multiple player games and wonder if you have thought about staggering the amount of tokens by the place you finish in the game? I can't remember if I read something about that in another thread, but even taking the 5 tokens per player and multiply it as you go out....
First player eliminated gets 5
Second player eliminated gets 10
Seventh player eliminated gets 35

Then again, you don't want to discourage people or make it too difficult to collect them.

As an aside, is the order of elimination now considered in the tally? If you are the third player eliminated in a game do you get a tally over the first and second players gone? Or does only the eventual overall winner get the credit of a win over all the other players? I kind of understand how the ranking works, but not totally....
4myGod wrote:
I didn't really want people who win more to have more tokens, I wanted even people who lose all games to be able to get new maps the same speed as people who win all games.

The main goal with tokens originally was to keep people from missing turns. Everytime you miss a turn you lose 5 possible tokens for that game. If you get kicked from a game you lose all the tokens you would get.

The winner gets tally's against all players, that's all. I might later add a gametype where whoever defeats who gets tallys against that person. So if you play an 8 person game and defeat someone very quickly you immediately get a tally against them.
lionheart wrote:
yes rge, that's what I was getting at in my own round about way, staggering tokens for the position you finish.

I hate the way in conquer club that they only reward the winner.

With regards to players that don't fair so well I would say this system is better as they gain a bit extra every time they improve they're position so if they have a stunning game and come second they've got something to show for it

4myGod wrote:
So maybe an additional 5 for whatever place they are in?

So if the last person gets 5, then for each one above him they get 5. However, that means depending on who you kill first, will choose who gets more points. So let's say I'm winning and I can finish the game this turn. Now I have 2 people left, whichever one I kill first will be the one who gets more points.

Maybe just rewarding the winner? I don't really know about 2nd and 3rd place... it would be difficult to say who was second and who was 3rd etc.

For example, maybe there are 2 really strong players in a no cards map, so they are fighting each other and tearing each other apart, then a weaker player who just keeps getting in the way. Especially in no cards games it would be best to fight and kill only those who threaten you. So it's actually the good players who would get killed first, and the weaker ones last.

What do you think?
lionheart wrote:
well it would be good to get more opinions here I think, I personally would go for 5 extra for every position.

You could say that the weak player in the situation you are talking about is playing a good strategy hiding away while the big boys fight each other (in truth no cards just takes away the incentive to annihilate someone). If the weak player lasts longer than the other player in my books he has beaten him and the third placed guy should bow down to his masterful prowess in hiding like a coward
chris wrote:
From a dude who tends to lose a lot, I really don't want to only reward the winner, but I do like the idea of staggering the amount of tokens. I've been in a big game where I got knocked out in the first couple of rounds, but the game itself went on for another week or so.

They get more points for this, sure, but I think they should also get more tokens. It could be a nice little bonus for winning.

Well, of course I'm mad. It makes things a great deal more interesting.
dutchconqueror wrote:
Somehow from over 1250 tokens i lost in 2 days with 3 times resigning for 40 tokens =120 and 151 give away = 271 tokens and have only 47 left.

Can somebody explain how this works?

Hoodlum wrote:
Hold on to your tokens, if you play a lot.
On a basic membership you have 3 free games per day. Anything more during that 24 hour period costs 120 tokens.
premium members you get unlimited games and other benefits.
Another way to earn extra tokens is to use the. referral program.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
dutchconqueror wrote:
So i became a premium just now. But i still didn't get tokens. does this mean every game i play gets me tokens, but i don't have to pay tokens to buy in?
Hoodlum wrote:
correct - no cost for games, you will only collect..so your tokens are only then needed for other shop purchases...game modes, to uprank etc.. the tokens will steadily build and you'll have more than you need in no time.
Civ1988 wrote:
It says I cannot join games because I only have 75 tokens. How do I get more?
Hoodlum wrote:
Tokens information