• 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
lionheart wrote:
any plans for tournaments?

im wondering if there can be a possibility to gain big token bonuses, for those that like to play a few long games with many players at a time it takes a long time to save up tokens e.g. iv been here a little longer than thaithai and look at the difference in how many games weve played

iv got my 80 skill points for command sergeant but at the rate i play games its gonna take months to save up, plus there are new maps to buy and such
4myGod wrote:
There will be tournaments. I'm waiting for enough people to be playing on the site though before I add tournaments. So first goal, become popular.

There will be extra ways to gain tokens every now and then. Perhaps things like inviting friends or contests or tournaments or different things like that.

I tried to calculate it so that people can buy a new map maybe once every 5-8 games. My goal is so that people can continue playing on the site and always have something to go after or to try and get.

Yes though, winning contests will give perhaps a couple hundred tokens at a time. Also creating maps I think will give tokens.

Maybe we can give tokens depending on the number of players who join each game. Perhaps 5 per player. So if you play an 8 person game you get 40 tokens when it's over, if you play a 1v1 then you only get 10.

What do you think?
thaithai wrote:
i haven't realized this post.maybe we need a board that notice new posts.
it meant 5 tokens/players/game.i haven't realized u apply this rule of tokens.
why we don't make a small tournament.
such as we join a queue to join tournament game.this game have 5 guys.the winner will join next game with 4 guys in top queue.
to avoid long game,we create a classic game,it means increasing type,no fog ,sametime.
about bonus tokens: i.e 4mygod win the game ,he got more 20 tokens.he win next he got 40 tokens,win next he got 60 ...but then lionheart win he got 20 tokens ,if lionheart win next game he got 40 tokens. '''
4myGod wrote:
We will have different tournaments, I think it will be like a ladder. So everyone plays in round 1, then the winners go on to round 2, etc.
thaithai wrote:
with that tournament we need many member and a tournament is very long.we can have 2 kind tournaments.a long tournament and short tournament
long tournament the final winner will have a cup or emblazon.
short tournament is inresting and all can join short tour while waiting long tournament.
4myGod wrote:
what would a short tournament be like? How would we decide 1 winner?
thaithai wrote:
such as we join a queue to join tournament game.this game have 5 guys.the winner will join next game with 4 guys in top queue.
to avoid long game,we create a classic game,it means increasing type,no fog ,sametime.
about bonus tokens: i.e 4mygod win the game ,he got more 20 tokens.he win next he got 40 tokens,win next he got 60 ...but then lionheart win he got 20 tokens ,if lionheart win next game he got 40 tokens.
this is short tournament
4myGod wrote:
I think that will take longer. My idea was to have let's say 150 people play at once, then the winners of those games go on to the next round of games, then continue until only one winner.

So if there are maybe 5 rounds, then we only have to wait for 5 games. Because in each round multiple games happen at the same time.
thaithai wrote:
tournament imblazon shouldn't be inflated.so 1 years we have 2 long tournament.a game with 3 guy.if there are 5 round ,we need 3*3*3*3*3=243 member.i don't think we have enough member.we have about 20 member login everyday
we can create many short tournament.i think now we can create 2 short tour is better while we have about 20 member
4myGod wrote:
we don't have tournaments programmed in yet. The plan is to wait until we have more members, then program in tournaments. I am working to get live games up first.
cody224 wrote:
Maybe we could set up just one tournament(just to test it out). And to make sure we have no deadbeats, just allow people with rank to participate. Someone could set up a bracket and link it to dominating12, so everyone could see it, and get the idea of a tournament.
cody224 wrote:
To have a nice small tournament you would need about 16 players, for 4 rounds.
cody224 wrote:
wca and hugs havent logged on in a while, so that leaves rick and sirwilly to be the extra 2.( of course if the tourney ever happens)
4myGod wrote:
I was going to build tournaments into the system, to run automatically. I know conquerclub sets them up using the forum.

What about trophies? If we held a forum created tournament there would be no trophies, only a "congratulations" to the winner.