Problem that effects the outcome of games
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
Have you ever been playing a game, and you are trying to trade in cards, so you click the little box next to the territory name you want to trade, then when you go to click other boxes, the ones you previously clicked "disappear"? OR...

Have you ever conquered a territory, then scrolled through to select how many troops to "move forward" on to that territory and all of a sudden after selecting the number you want, it changes itself back to the maximum all by itself?

I have discovered that these things happen when someone is chatting during the turn. If there is a lot of chatting amongst several players at the time, it can be VERY frustrating trying to accomplish what you are doing. I call this dilemma "chat interference".

I also thought of the extreme that this could lead to: If you don't want someone to be able to trade in a set during a crucial time of the game, you could theoretically just type "a" and hit enter, OVER AND OVER AND OVER again (hundreds of times) preventing the trade in. Now, I would expect this technique might also get your chat banned for a while, but it is possible to do it.

So, can anything be done to allow chatting during turns and NOT have it affect the game play?

This problem just cost me a game (link below) and I would love to see it fixed.

http://www.dominating12.com/index.php?cmd=game&sec=play&id=448767
Matty wrote:
It has happend to me, but only very rarely.

It's possible that it's because of the chat - we used to have muc hweirder (and frequent) bugs because of chat, like getting three cards instead of one.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
4960epic wrote:
That might still happen in same time, i know sometimes (rarely) people get 3 cards for a turn.
Ive had the chat interferance many times, it is only really frusterating when i play on my ipad tho.
Vexer wrote:
Yes, if there is new chat it will cause the entire game to refresh. It's a poor design that I plan on fixing by only refreshing what changes. The troop move resetting was supposed to be fixed by saving the value you selected before the refresh. The fix has always worked for me. Which browser do you use?

The multiple cards bug has to do players running out of time, not chat. I have to rewrite the entire turn code to fix that one.
Vexer wrote:
Still? I thought you would have converted to a more compatible browser by now after all the troubles you have had.
4960epic wrote:
Take ur time on the same time glitch ;) makes thins a lot more fun and challenging, if i ever win a game again :S
Clarke wrote:
I am an Apple guy. Safari is the official browser for apples. I drink the kool-aid. {non-americans might not know what that reference means.}
elysium5 wrote:
Yeah, get with the times. You should be using the WorldWideWeb browser...
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"