• 17 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
farspaceplace wrote:
i just read a suggestion from livechat, but i dont think it was posted here, but its good so i will...if a team member goes dark, why not give his forces to member instead of making him neutral? cards should maybe - maybe not follow as well. i think not the cards actually
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This would be good - say Orange player went AWOL, then purple and green (his team-mates) would be disadvantaged unfairly (they did nothing wrong!). It would be better if, when one player missed two consecutive turns, that the game randomly assigns either purple or green to take orange's turn for him. That way the game would not be ruined by poor attendance.

In fact, this is happening to me at the moment, and it is really annoying. Dare I say it we were likely to win, but now... :(.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
gee never thought of that. i've thought about how this awol problem can be solved for these already awesome team games we now have. That just makes sense really. you would still be at a disadvantage because of the consecutive turns the other team gets but there's still some hope at least depending on how the game has progressed. I think this is an idea also for the resignation problem that may occur in team games,(1 player resigns) that upon resignation troops are turned over to the partner.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
That is going to be abused soooo much o_O
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
A player could strategically resign in order to give his troops to his teammate. I don't like that.

How about this. If your teammate goes awol or resigns then all of the points lost from your team come from them. They could end up losing double, triple or quadruple points. This is a severe enough punishment that I think it would cause players with poor attendance to stop playing team games.

I could see cheaters creating a second account and then when they are about to lose, have the second account resign. But this behavior would just make it that much easier to find and ban such players.
farspaceplace wrote:
but would it really be abused? Youd loose a team turn (not to mention the two turns it takes to go awol), loose the cards, and not really be in any better position...the two accounts problem already exists as it is...of course cheaters can always find a way, and in circumstances this even if not cheating could be an advantage. But it does solve the team member gone dark in a way
farspaceplace wrote:
sry youd loose a permanent team turn (for the rest of the game) plus the other two prior
Vexer wrote:
OK, you've defended your idea, but you didn't comment on mine.
elysium5 wrote:
I like the points idea, Vexer. Poor attendance players are what is really the problem. This would certainly discourage that type of behavior without punishing the teammates with lost points.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
elysium5 is online.
farspaceplace wrote:
well your idea is good as well and probalbly a lot more simple to code (which i no nothing about). perhaps u could also/instead loose an extra attendance point, and as i recall it has been argued elsewhere that only plys with a certain attedance should be allowed to play in the first place (this might seem exclusive, but as we know the awol ply sort of ruins the game not only for himself but actually for everyone)
farspaceplace wrote:
sry ruins it for not only team but for other teams as well (cheap wins r just not the same)
farspaceplace wrote:
probably vexers idea is the best...not overally complicated and neither exclusive. Sure might not be perfect ,but it never will
Hoodlum wrote:
yup the strategic resign would really work when relating to card handover especially at that time of the game with increasing cards is what I think, so perhaps just troop handover (no cards) in resignation or both awol/resignation. Awol would have missed two card opportunities.
And the points idea is vg.

edit:
The resignation strategy other than cards is the, region bonus, territory count bonus. I could probably see it work effectively only in unlimited reinforcement games at a certain time of the game. The consecutive turns a pair has is a huge advantage in team games otherwise.

Oh i just had a thought.. i'm only thinking 2v2. this idea if followed through would have to catered for 2v2/2v2v2/2v2v2v2/3v3/3v3v3/4v4. that's getting a bit complicated now
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Vexer's idea, not only punishes a player severely for not playing to assist his team, but it gives any team a fail safe if this sort of bad attendance is experienced. It's like having the game cancelled for the affected team (no points lost) and still has the bonus of the win points for the other team.

The only pitfall I can see is that the affected team would have to adopt a new tactic of gathering to defend their team mate after a missed turn to ensure they don't get killed before they are kicked and if they turn up for the next turn after a missed turn, they would have messed up their teams chances. You can get deliberate time wasters and saboteurs messing with their given team mates in random team games. But, that is the case right now and can't really be seen as a pitfall.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.