Different Long Term Game Turn Lengths
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
erbappe wrote:
Make it possible to select long-term games with turns of 2 days, 3 days, and 7 days. A 24-hour turn window makes it difficult to manage many games. Many players can only play a lot on the weekends.
Matty wrote:
I'm not a big fan of that - you will remember even less what's going on in your game and how the board looked three turns ago.

I can't manage to play every day anymore as well, so I just play a live game occasionaly.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I'd rather have a 36 hour option. That way if you normally take your turns after work or school but are too tired or busy you'll have time to take your turn the next morning. Anything longer than that and it's not like you are even playing a game, just taking seemingly unrelated turns.

One idea I had while reading your post was to have 'Weekend Games' where turns don't expire during the week even though you can still take them if you want.
elysium5 wrote:
Not a bad idea, Vexer. Maybe call it the 'Weekend Warrior' option/mode?
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
Madagascarter wrote:
The main problem with weekend games are stallers. You would never get to take your turn!
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Vexer wrote:
If it were a premium only option then most likely there wouldn't be many stallers.

I could imagine taking 5 or 6 turns a day over the weekend if you get the right players in the game.
erbappe wrote:
Vexer,

I love the idea. I could easily see taking a lot of turns over the weekend. As it stands now, I sometimes don't get to my turns during the week and I am sad because I don't have enough games to play on the weekend.
Vexer wrote:
Ok, I'll add it to the very bottom of the to do list. Not going to get to it any time soon unfortunately.