Why are they both available?
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I just noticed that both of the South Africa maps (South Africa & South Africa Districts) are selectable when creating a game in the create game page. I presume this is a mistake, since on the formal Maps page, only South Africa is present. Shouldn't the old version (South Africa Districts) be removed from the create game page?
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
The gameplay is slightly different, so the two versions are available (for some users to create). There is a similar case for USA and United States. Only some users have access to both versions, those who created a game in the discontinued (old) map before the restrictions were applied, if I'm not wrong.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Vexer wrote:
You are correct. 939 players can create games on South Africa Districts because they had access before the map was discontinued.

So far only 215 players have purchased the new verion, South Africa, in the shop. (Or got it free with Premium)

For long term games only players who have access to create games on the map can see the games in the list though anyone can be invited to them. For live games everyone can see and join the games.

115 players have access to both maps. If any of you don't want both maps to appear in your maps list then send me message and I'll remove the old map. I can also remove any maps you know you will never use which will make your list shorter and easier to navigate.