Profile Dice Stats - tracks how many rolls you win and lose
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Supplegnome wrote:
I've played on some sites that track what you roll, and what is rolled against you, so that you can physically see it evens out over time. Maybe that's something that can be added? Then if there is an actual code issue, it will show itself.

It would be nice to have individual dice stats on the player profile.

I support this for two reasons:
1) It would stop those people who rage passionately about the dice on this website, who claim that the coding is flawed - they would be able to check and see that their dice stats are pretty much 50 50.
2) I would be interested to compare my dice stats with other players, especially my rivals, to try and justify them having their highly superior ranks! :P
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Sygmassacre wrote:
I never think the dice as a whole is the problem. Dice stats, although cool to see would only give you the whole picture. It the important rolls that people complain about most. Like when you're trying to run the board in a caps game or taking someone out for cards in a deathmatch etc. It would be awesome to be able to save the stats after those kinds of rolls as well as a function that saves everything automatically but most would only save the bad as examples. Of course, there is the game log and this thread
http://dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1051
to show how lucky/unlucky you are.

Although Supplegnome can't really give examples of real world dice on here I too have seen bad rolls and good rolls on a real board in my risk experience (and my Mexi drinking game experience too lol) so although there have been lots of times where I've cursed the dice on this site there have been ample times where I've promised never to complain about them after running the board with only average dice and 5-7 caps to get through
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Madagascarter wrote:
Virtuosity98
I support this for two reasons:
1) It would stop those people who rage passionately about the dice on this website, who claim that the coding is flawed - they would be able to check and see that their dice stats are pretty much 50 50.
I've been in many games with you where you have complained about hax! Just look at the chat in game 398109.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Madagascarter: It is clear from your post that you are one of those people who posts erroneously in a forum without having read the previous posts properly. It is very obvious that this suggestion referred to those players who choose to tirade about the so-called "poor coding" of the random dice on this website. This suggestion would show to those players that the dice here are perfectly well-coded and normal. Again, it was obviously not directed at those who moan about their bad luck in certain games (as I did in the game you mentioned) and moves, but at those who claim that the entire dice programming is flawed. Furthermore, it is even clearer that you have not heeded previous posts in this thread, as Sygmassacre clearly stated that people usually rage about critical moves not going their way (as I did in the game you mentioned, where you made a ridiculously illogical move that you were very lucky to succeed in). You are claiming that I am moaning about the dice coding?? ^^ lol! No. I have never done that. I am sure that my dice stats would be around 50 50. I was just irritated that your poor tactics and luck worked somehow, on such a critical turn (it resulted in you taking someone's capital)!!

Basically, by posting your hasty and ill-thought post, you highlighted two things to those who read it:
1) Your obliviousness towards previous posts, which you ignored.
2) Your incredible lack of coherent thought in Game 398109 - everyone can now see your lucky move and poor reasoning in that game chat.
Congratulations! :D
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

4960epic wrote:
I like the dice idea v98, sounds pretty cool honestly. i do wish i could see my dice stats,
But what you say is true, there is nothing to see, just a 50 / 50 number for each player
And, there are those who would rage about dice anyways just because.
aeronautic wrote:
Sorry to be off topic, but TheShiv, "I'm afraid not".
Players and staff who show humility, consideration & willingness to help selflessly are who's opinions are highly valued, regardless of rank. Some of the lowest ranks here have some of the highest respect.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
[image]

Seriously. The amount of arrogance you show makes me want to immediately stop listening to anything you have to say. But hey, I am a nice guy, so let's start over. Maybe this time include the word "please". What "change" do you suggest to the system?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
This is V98's thread and is about Dice Stats, please use your next post to show your elite knowledge of this subject and join the discussion or if you don't have anything legitimate to add, please do not post anything at all.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.