suggestion
  • 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
DiabloP wrote:
Hey

I would like to provide 2 suggestions for the player turn alert:

1- It should only sound when it is your turn and not every time a new player starts his/her turn. For example in a 9 player game I don't want to hear it 9 times each round. I just want to hear it once, when its my turn.

2- It should definitely sound at the start of the game. Apparently when you are the first player to play it won't sound at the start of the game.
PsymonStark wrote:
1. Players will only pay attention to the game in their turn, that will generally reduce the quality of the gameplay plus lose everyone's time due to the player having to check everything before moving on his turn instead of before.

2. I agree with you. Many times the first player loses its turn because they don't notice the game has started.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Votazap wrote:
Sometimes I multitask, so it does get irritating hearing the sound when its not your turn
Vexer wrote:
This site is for serious players only. You need to check what has happened after each turn so that you will have the info you need to take your turn quickly. There will never be an option to only have the sound when it's your turn.

I'll look into getting it to play a sound when the game starts the next time i'm in that code.
Votazap wrote:
What exactly do you mean by "serious players"? I play, analyze moves/tactics, examine the impacts of other players actions and decisions and how I can counter them and devise a strategy. I feel the whole point of having a "sound alert" is to alert a player that it is his/her turn. Thus, I find it pointless if it makes a sound for every person's turn if they're already there looking at the board. Why have a sound if their staring directly on it? Just my opinion but I think at the very least there should be a specified sound for the player when its his/her turn and a different sound when its other players' turns.
DiabloP wrote:
Vexer - Nov 9, 03:43 AM
This site is for serious players only. You need to check what has happened after each turn so that you will have the info you need to take your turn quickly. There will never be an option to only have the sound when it's your turn.

I'll look into getting it to play a sound when the game starts the next time i'm in that code.

Well it would be nice if the option could be enabled when creating the game. So when creating the game you could decide if this option is available (for players that like to multitask),
Vexer wrote:
You miss the point. The sound has to be the same to force players who switch tabs to check back to see if it's their turn. If there is a separate sound then they will only check back when it's their turn and waste 3 minutes seeing what has happened before they make their move.

If you are watching the game and don't need the sound then turn it off in the options tab. If you truly are watching the game then you won't need a sound for your turn either.
Vexer wrote:
The game should now play a sound when the game starts after you refresh your browser.