More combinations, more fun!
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
PsymonStark wrote:
I have thought of an idea to make 2p caps games more interesting. Basically it would consist in choosing a few more pairs of territories for 2p caps for each map (maybe 4 or 5, depending on the possibilities), so every time you play you get different (yet fair) placements, that yield more interesting games.

I don't know though how hard can it be to implement...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Cireon wrote:
I suppose you prepare pairs of positions and then select a random pair of cap positions, as opposed to just choose two positions from a pool of five territories, because otherwise games might be really weird if the capitals are fairly close to each other.

I like the idea, but I am not entirely sure how to implement it from the top of my head. It doesn't sound difficult, but I don't know how complicated the related code is.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Virtuosity98 wrote:
This idea would be so good! It wouldn't be hard to think up alternative capital positions, just maybe inconvenient to implement. Also, players joining a game would have to know which capitals were being used - is there space to show this? If not, the white rings could be displayed around the two capitals before the game starts.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

PsymonStark wrote:
The idea was originally to choose randomly between the pairs. One effect of this is avoiding the games to be the same, and if you can choose the pair you like the best, you only will play one and it's like we have done nothing.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I see. Good opinion well justified. :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

aeronautic wrote:
I think that is a good idea Psymon and will at the very least restrict the 1v1 Same Time players set plays a little, perhaps even making it more fun for those too?!
It would certainly create more unknowns or more factors to remember for persistent 2p map players making each game a little less predictable.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Is anything going to happen about this suggestion, or is it just going to be forgotten? I ask because I think it's a really good idea and would love to see it implemented.
Day Actions:

Vexer wrote:
It's not likely to happen anytime soon because we have some big projects we are working on. Bump this thread after you see that team games are public, the join game tab is available for all games and the live game lobby is redesigned.