Display game statistics in a tab next to the Notes Tab
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Strategery wrote:
How many times have you had a game where the dice just did not go your way? Where you lose miserably, undeservedly, and the only consolation is the scrolling game log to show how badly the dice beat you up? Wouldn't it be nice to see exactly how many die rolls you lost? To see how many wins you had compared to losses?

How about a new tab just to the right of the Notes tab at the bottom of each game window. It would contain a table displaying player stats for that game. Something like this:

Player:  Attacks:  Attack Army Win/Loss:  Defenses:  Defense Army Win/Loss:

Player1  ..   40  ....   78/43 ..... Won 64%  ....     37  ....   56/65 ...  Won 47%

Player2  ...  40  ....   78/43 ..... Won 64%  ....     37  ....   56/65 ...  Won 47%

etc...

Player is player name
Attacks is total number of attacks made by that player
Attack Win/Loss is total armies defeated/lost in the player's attacks, and a % of wins (wins/(wins+losses))
Defense is the same as Attacks, but measuring win/losses when one is being attacked
Matty wrote:
We actually have this - not on the site but in an external program.
We want to let that program be able to replay an entire game, however, that's a bit more work and not finished yet.

Right now that program doesn't run I believe, but you can find it here:
https://github.com/Mattias1/dxii

If you know python, feel free to fork it and send me a pull request ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Strategery wrote:
Unfortunately I don't know python but I might have access to a lot of Java developers, if that helps.
Matty wrote:
Give them that github link. If they can do java in principle they can do python.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria