New game type
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Madagascarter wrote:
It's like capitals but you don't know where the capitals are and who's capital your taking. Maybe each player could decide on where their capital is before the game starts.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
PsymonStark wrote:
So basically the same we have now but with grey capital rings but yours? Or random (or choosable) capitals different for each game?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Madagascarter wrote:
Yeah but the capitals would be in random positions so you have to find the other players capital by randomly coming across it.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
PsymonStark wrote:
Then some capitals would be better than other, thus making it unfair if you get a bad one and some other player got a good one.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Vexer wrote:
It will be pretty obvious which one is their capital. It's the one with all the troops on it.

We have a better idea already.

Kings. Basically it plays like movable capitals. You start out in the same capitals positions but you can move it.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Love it Vexer, except if you move ur cap to, say, Siam on WC you have a big advantage bc aus- therefore by extension India being the first to get there will also be advantaged.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
About "Secret Capitals": I think I know what Madagascarter means. From your drop, you evaluate and decide which of your territories you want to be your secret capital. Then, you play as normal capitals, except that no-one knows where your capital is, and you don't know where the other capitals are.

There are a number of issues with the suggestion:

Due to each territory having 3 armies at the start, your cap could easily be taken in the first turn.
It will usually be obvious which territory is your secret capital, as people will pile their troops onto that territory.
There are certain territories on certain maps that would be unfair to put your secret capital on, e.g. Indonesia in World Classic.

These issues would make the "Secret Capitals" game-type impractical, despite it being a nice idea.

Kings also has its problems, but these are much less severe. I like the sound of the Kings game-type.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
UltrasPlot - Oct 19, 05:11 PM
Love it Vexer, except if you move ur cap to, say, Siam on WC you have a big advantage bc aus- therefore by extension India being the first to get there will also be advantaged.
Which is why there is a World Modified map - that one is more fair.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
UltrasPlot wrote:
That 'twas only a general example, even Indo on WM has an advantage... throw a 3 on Philippines and 2 extra troops per turn