• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
hawkfanlm wrote:
What would everybody think if you were able to set up a chain of attack and then had the computer do the rolls instantly? I've been in situations where I would have won the game, but I ran out of time. (World Expanded is the worst) It was my fault for not playing 5 min turns, but it was a 9 player game, and I didn't have 4 hours to play. It seems that if you could set up a chain of territories to attack, then hit attack and the computer did the rolls istantly, it would save a lot of time.

Second, on the random drop at the beginning of the game, I've been screwed before on a 1 v 1 where my opponent started with a full territory and the first turn, meaning he got 2 extra troops than me. It seems like in the code for starting games (brace yourself because I am not even remotely close to being coding literate) there should be: if troop bonuses are equal=true, start game. If not true, redo starting positions.

Would everybody else find these as beneficial as me?
The_Bishop wrote:
I don't agree on the first. People should always see the result of the dice and then decide if it is the case to continue the attack or not. Never auto-roll please. Many beginners unfortunately are used to do it without watching, then they complain the dice, "I lost 20 troops!", "you are dumb, you had to stop yourself". If you are short on time just use the Add-Time button in the game Options.

The second, you are right. Shouldn't be there set-ups with region bonuses at the first round, I agree. But there are maps with many small regions and there it happens very often, since I am proposing something a bit more moderate: every drop can stay but no one receive region bonuses at the first round... Just fair.

Also, notice, we call them Regions, not territories!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein