No, NOT in a good way.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
UltrasPlot wrote:
For a RISK site, there is always the ever-present problem of suiciders, an thus I bring a proposal. Reputation scores curbed idiot counts ever-so-slightly, and at least helped us avoid them, but only several times in a blue moon. Why? Because people are too lazy to hit a report button.

Therefore, we must come up with some other solution to this problem, an I believe I have it. Change their ranks to Suicider / Deadbeat / Secret Diplomacy. This is evidently possible on a player-by-player basis due to Cireon's Troll First Class, the Dominator rank, as well as the existence of Unranked Player.

To quantify this suggestion, perhaps - if a player is reported as a suicider to an admin, say, five times, their rank is changed to a skull and crossbones on a black field with the caption Suicider. Same for deadbeats, only the caption should be Deadbeat. This would make suiciding very unfavorable - directly reducing suicider counts, as well as making them utterly avoidable - simply by looking at their rank.

I'd like to see an admin's position on this issue though, this may be a bit harsh.
Vexer wrote:
Actually our current policy is harsher. Players are banned well before there have been 5 verified reports of suiciding.

But what you are saying doesn't make sense. You say the reputation system fails because people are too lazy to click a report button yet in your solution someone has to get reported 5 times directly to an admin through a message and each game has to get investigated.

There's no need to involve an Admin or Moderator in what you are suggesting. If a player is reported for a fair play issue using the report player tab in 3 out of the last 7 games then their displayed rank gets changed. We already have similar code in place to auto chat ban players who get reported for chat.

One issue I see with your skull and crossbones idea is that some players might think it's cool or funny to get that rank and do it on purpose.

I had thought of doing this for frequent turn missers.

Unfortunately I have zero time for working on the reputation system right now. First priority is to fix Same Time games.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Seems like my logic was flawed. My main point would be that this would keep users from suiciding due to the rank... but I can see your point in it PROMOTING suiciding instead...
elysium5 wrote:
Just encourage other players in the game chat to report as much as possible if there is a problem player. Also a direct report to a moderator or an an admin will allow us to go through some of these players games and we can manually report them as well after the fact.
"Bad Deadpool... Good Deadpool!"
SpamFree wrote:
Ooh a Jolly Roger rank insignia :pirate:

[image]

[image]

As far as more changes to avoid what I believe is a vastly overestimated issue of "suicide", there are minimum points and/or password-protected game creation settings already available to keep out the undesirables. Use them. The report features are there, should a miscreant somehow manage to defeat the prior measures. Use it, as well.

Votazap wrote:
no, i know players who would report me for suicide for no reason...
UltrasPlot wrote:
like me!!! jk I would never do that lol. Ofc if implemented this would be admin monitored.