Suggestion to keep new players to stay
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Hoodlum wrote:
I think it would be a good idea for new players..newly signed up, to not be able to enter sametime hosted settings, until they have clocked up at least a handful of games, to at least get use to the interface. I think that when players join up, they are expecting something close to a risk experience..in it's regular form. consecutive turns.

maybe even a capitals game, you have to clock up a few games first before you can enter that..

eg.

10 regular plays (consecutive games), unlock capitals game play - then a prompt with cap games tip on first game..

20 game plays of any sort, unlock sametime games.. etc

We want player to stick around, and not 360 right away. 
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
UltrasPlot wrote:
To be fair the limit for Same Time should be set quite a bit higher than 20, for when players have heard about its true current form. I suggest 50. Caps at 10 seems ok.

Also I would include a specification that these games MUST NOT INCLUDE two or more missed turns.
---
EDIT: Honestly though, I would like to hear from some new players, so if there is any way to broadcast this to everyone via messages or something, it should probably be used. New players rarely if ever view these forums.
Vexer wrote:
I agree and have planned for a long time to do something like this. It's not a top priority at the moment though.
TheMachiavelli wrote:
I agree with Hood. I think new people should just be able to play free for all sunny dethmatch games with consecutive turns.

I also think we could make it easier to see how to purchase/unlock these other game options (that info can't be hidden in the forums - the people who don't know obviously don't read those). Maybe in the pop up window that comes up when you try to join a game type you haven't unlocked?
Matty wrote:
Good points about the team game thing and the notification that you need to purchase certain options in the shop. Won't do them now (I'm giving priority to creating a proper d12 page (you know, top 12 players)), but remind me in a while. Also added this to our issue tracker, so it'll be done eventually :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria