this is about the game interface
  • 52 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
The_Bishop wrote:
We have an icon for the players defeated,
we have an icon for the players resigning, but...
We have no icon for the winner(s) of the game!

Something like that:
[image]
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
If someone can come up with a better icon than that that is also free and the right size I will add it.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Maybe we could just use the Dominator star set onto a clear background. I lack the Photoshop skills to do this, but it seems like a simple yet elegant solution rather than a flashy trophy.
Sygmassacre wrote:
A trophy usually signifies the culmination of a tournament.
How about a Σ :P
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Vexer wrote:
The dominator star doesn't show up very well on the grey. That doesn't mean it's a bad idea. But it would need a lot of work to turn it into a proper icon. I messed around with it a little bit but couldn't come up with anything I liked. In fact it looked a little funny because the star is rotated.
PsymonStark wrote:
I have a question... what is "the right size"?
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Vexer wrote:
25 pixels high. (that trophy is too tall) the width I am not sure. As long as it looks good in the space provided then the width can vary.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, I took that without rights. And also, the cups are mostly about sport competitions, a medal would be more suitable in my opinion for the military contest, but it's harder to draw.

I am not so good on making maps, but maybe I can try to make a little icon... 25 pixels, cool!
I would make a try or maybe Psymon wants.
PsymonStark wrote:
I thought of a rotated medal with the dominator star with some red outline to match the grey background. But don't have the files needed.
The_Bishop wrote:
Well, this is my first try:

[image]

Practically drawn by free hand, except the circle frame.
Can be good? Need some changes? Or it doesn't work at all. Let me know please.
Hoodlum wrote:
[image]
My suggestion. The d12 ico. It's free too, I believe
[image]
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
Hmmm, it doesn't look bad! I like it, but maybe it's too small (16x16). We could resize a bigger version I guess.

If you mind me going a bit off-topic, looking at those screenshots reminded me of a small thing. I have always wondered why dead players have ? territories and ? troops, and receive ? reinforcements next turn. Wouldn't be more logical to set the question marks to zeros?
The_Bishop wrote:
Yeah, also the triangulum is not a bad idea.

I agree with Psymon on that second argument, zeros should be more logical.
aeronautic wrote:
What about a medal something on the lines of this?
[image]
But higher quality etc?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.