Sometimes you just don't get along with someone and don't want them in your games...
  • 8 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Kellyxc92 wrote:
I really think this site would be better if we were allowed to block players from entering in your games. I know that you can password protect sometimes but that doesn't stop a player from harassing you in the chat. There are some people on here who are just rude and ignorant and I think this site would be a much happier place without them. I also think it would save the admins from all the drama they probably get from numerous reports for chat violations.
Cireon wrote:
There is actually an ignore functionality available right now, but there is no user interface for it yet, so only certain people can edit the ignore list for you. I forgot who though :|
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
BETA wrote:
would it prevent the ignored player from typing in your game chat?
Vexer wrote:
It doesn't block chat right now but that will get done.

When it comes out it will most likely be a premium only feature. That being said, an admin can add someone to your avoid list whether you have premium or not if that player is harassing you. Premium players will be able to add whoever they want for whatever reason meaning you can add players who you just don't like to play with even if they aren't harassing you.

Right now I am focusing on fixing bugs in same time games. Then I have a bit of work to do for the resign button, balanced dice, and the reputation system. After all that then I can get to working on an interface for this. I'm really bad at coding interfaces so it will be a long time before this gets done and Matty can't really help me cause his to do list is just as long as mine.

In the meantime premium players can message me with the players they want to block and everyone else can message an admin if a player is harassing you.
Kellyxc92 wrote:
alright so do you just need to know the game number where the harassment has occurred? A lot of the times when I've been harassed by this user the game has never happened so its hard to find records of it...
Vexer wrote:
Yes, write down the game number before you leave the game page.
vikingo1337 wrote:
Any way you can block a player from sending you messages?
"The brave man well shall fight and win, though dull his blade may be."
~Fafnismal 28
Matty wrote:
vikingo1337
Any way you can block a player from sending you messages?
Yes and no. No, you can't block a player from sending messages to you.

However, if he's spamming you and sends you messages after you explicitly asked him not to, inform an admin and he might just get his messages blocked for everyone.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria