I just thought I'd report this...
  • 25 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Print Screen of said glitch: (click to show)

I was playing same time and at the end of Round 2 I received 2 cards instead of 1. It may have something to do with the fact that I was fortifying when the timer ran out, so I hadn't clicked end turn yet. The Print Screen above shows the Game Log when I received 2 cards, and it shows me with 3 cards after 2 rounds with no dead players.

It was Game #349216.

I'm not annoyed or anything, and it didn't help me win because the other player missed two consecutive turns - I just thought it would be helpful to report.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

cbt711 wrote:
Thanks virtu - this is a known issue and is being looked into.
Vexer wrote:
I know how to fix it, but it requires a complete rewrite of the turn code. It won't be fixed for awhile. It only happens when you run out of time so don't do that.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
OK Vexer, I'll try not to run out of time (as if I tried to, lol ^^). I hit "end fortify" with like 1 second left, but obviously the internet lagged slightly and I missed it.
Thanks guys :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
@Hoodlum: Not sure what happened. Looks like you both killed each other's Cap at the same moment and the game made you both win. Davidecho has a higher points total than you so you ended up receiving more points :)
Day Actions:

Vexer wrote:
yep, that's what happened. Although technically someone did win first but the end game code didn't finish executing before the second player defeated their cap so the end game code got run twice.
BETA wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=350425 -

12 Aug, 06:36:21 Brazil (MissClique) attacks Venezuela (BETA) conquering it, killing 3 troops, losing 1.
12 Aug, 06:36:21 Venezuela was reinforced by BETA with 13 troops.

My troops were never accounted for?
same time.. I know...
Vexer wrote:
How many troops did you have before you placed the 13 and how many after MissClique stopped attacking?

If you want your points back then message an admin.
BETA wrote:
I just want to report it. These glitches happen and that's that.

I had 3 on before. and once MissClique attacked she kept rolling. The troops were lost.

I just checked the log. It first recorded -

12 Aug, 06:36:21 Brazil (MissClique) attacks Venezuela (BETA) conquering it, killing 3 troops, losing 1.

and above that -

12 Aug, 06:36:21 Venezuela was reinforced by BETA with 13 troops.

PS There have been more glitches happening lately with two actions happening at the same time.
BETA wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=350788 -

13 Aug, 00:18:13 Spartakus has been defeated by delijaFCRS.
13 Aug, 00:18:13 Spartakus has been defeated by Hoodlum.
13 Aug, 00:18:12 Venezuela (ARES00) sent 2 reinforcements to Quebec (delijaFCRS).
13 Aug, 00:18:10 Western Europe (delijaFCRS) attacks Northern Europe (Spartakus) conquering it, killing 1 troops, losing 1.
13 Aug, 00:18:10 Iceland (Hoodlum) attacks Scandinavia (Spartakus) conquering it, killing 2 troops, losing 0.
Vexer wrote:
And the other player did not get your troops right? they just disappeared? I'll have to scratch my head for awhile to figure how this happened.

That second glitch is just funny. I'll add it to the list. Not sure yet how to prevent it.
Vexer wrote:
Ok, the first glitch... Despite the order they appear in in the log you placed the troops after your territory was defeated. You placed your troops during the milliseconds in between when the check was done to see if your opponent defeated the territory and the new territory troop counts were saved in the database. So when your opponents attack was saved it overwrote your 13 troops. The problem is that it runs a bunch of code in between when it check for a defeated territory and when it saves the result of the attack. My hope is that moving the save function right after the check will solve this problem. I won't get to it for a few days though.

The second glitch... I know why it happens but fixing it requires a rewrite of the attack function yet again. I have other things to fix in there and will do all of them at once. It might be a couple weeks before I get to it.

Thanks for the reports.