• 54 posts
  • Page 1 of 4
BETA wrote:
Is there any progress with the 'balanced' dice?
I can do without perfectly pseudo-random dice.
Vexer wrote:
It's waiting for the join game tab to be finished. Otherwise players won't know beforehand that they are joining a game with balanced dice.

I also need to figure out a place to tell you on the game page after the game has started which dice the game is using.
Matty wrote:
Vexer - Aug 4, 03:47 AM
I also need to figure out a place to tell you on the game page after the game has started which dice the game is using.
(Hint: this means that if you really care about it, you can try to figure out a good place for this yourself).

In other unrelated news, there is going to be an option to let the join game tab reachable even if the game is started already, so that it becomes a game information tab or something like that. :)
So that's one of the places one will be able to see what kind of dice the game uses (though on small screens the tabs don't really fit as of now).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
Sygmassacre wrote:
Please DO NOT invite me to ANY games featuring balanced dice!!!! Yeah it sucks when things don't go according to our meticulous plans but that's part of the beauty of this game
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
UltrasPlot wrote:
Proof that Syg has the best dice ever. ;)

People desperately in need of balanced dice:
--------------------------------------------
UltrasPlot
BETA
4960epic
Dferguson
tramadol
Stratosphere
Votazap

and many more to boot... :)
Sygmassacre wrote:
My rank would suggest otherwise haha. Some maps and setting will just be too unfair for the player/team going first
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
BETA wrote:
You probably thought of these already, but here are my four best ideas for placing the information about the dice.
1 - Like Matty said, in the join game tab, and keeping that tab around for the game.
2 - On the top of the screen, near where the dice being rolled are displayed.
3 - On the bar which displays the game number.
4 - Fitting it on the bottom.

Matty wrote:
BETA - Aug 6, 04:08 AM
You probably thought of these already, but here are my four best ideas for placing the information about the dice.
2 - On the top of the screen, near where the dice being rolled are displayed.
But that means that you can't see (and plan) depending on the dice untill you actually attack.

BETA - Aug 6, 04:08 AM
4 - Fitting it on the bottom.
For 1024 width screens, I don't think that's going to fit without making everything ugly.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
4960epic wrote:
Balanced dice would help out a little bit.............lost a lot of games that i had good chances in
cbt711 wrote:
Move the text descriptions down, or the timer oval up, and put it directly under the timer
http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/5157698.jpg

(sorry, big file - used Paint)
Dice: Traditional
-or-
Dice: Balanced
Virtuosity98 wrote:
That's certainly the best idea so far, cbt! :) I like it.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

cbt711 wrote:
Either that or bring in the icons from the live game lobby instead of the text at the bottom, but that might look too busy.

The icon for the dice can be a scale with a dice showing 2 dots, and a dice showing 3 dots. Traditional dice the scale would be tipped towards the 2, balanced dice the scale would be balanced (I know, not that creative but gets the point across)
Matty wrote:
The idea is not that bad, but this will require even more scrolling down :S
Matty is online.
cbt711 wrote:
A combo of shrinking clock text a few pixels, and moving oval up would mean it wouldn't have to be any lower. Or just moving the game clock up more.