• 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
jonboy1967 wrote:
Hello again Vexer. Let's see if I can have a post that is not a rant. I actually think you and others may like the idea. Would it be difficult to take the point limit off of a game if you are invited? Example: Muzthebus starts a game and he puts the point limit at 1600. Me, being a VERY bad player (lvl 48 with 1100 points) cannot get in these games because of the point limit. I was invited but could not play. I am greatful for the point limit, but higher lvl peeps invite me into games because they know I (not to mention I am a point donor) will not play like a noob. Sorry so short, but I do not have the time or the skill to type you a book, like (rhymes with spamfree) some peeps we know.

Peace
Vexer wrote:
The problem is that everyone who joined the game expects that only players with sufficient points will join.

The code does need to be fixed to disallow the inviting of players who don't have enough points. That should have been done when we added the point range limit but we didn't think of it.
Crystal wrote:
Also mods and admins can change the points limits for a game before it starts, so if you set the limit too high, we can lower it for you.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Problem here is... if I set limit 1400 and invite JB, Crystal hops in and lowers it to 1100 so he can join, what if a REAL noob manages to get in?

I support the idea of perhaps a "Confirmation Box" which states 'This player is below the point limit for this game. Are you sure you wish to invite him/her?' Along with this confirmation box, the point limit should be removed for invited players, at least imo.

Thanks!

EDIT: P.S. JB if you're a point donor please visit BETA + me at team game central, thanks!!! ;D
Sygmassacre wrote:
Wow JB....great idea, and not a rant.

REQUEST DENIED lol

(yes, it seems the whole world IS against you)
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
tramadol wrote:
I personally think it is a great idea.
There are lots of players I would invite to my 6+ player games, but not want to drop the minimum point limit due to inexperienced players joining, this makes perfect sense, an invite should override a point limit.
Who wouldn't want JB, Clarkess, spamfree or Crystal (to name but 4) in their game, they are seasoned players and understand the game and how not to ruin it with crazy moves, but allow a new player in and it has potential to be ruined for all bar the player following them.

@JB: BTW I was ROFLMFAO with this "I do not have the time or the skill to type you a book, like (rhymes with spamfree) some peeps we know"
Matty wrote:
But what if I join your game because of the point limit (I don't like playing newbies), and then suddenly all kinds of newbies join.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
tontot wrote:
A player under point limit when joining should be approved by all players already joined the game ?

For example, tram, Syg and I sit on the game waiting for 2-3 more players. tram invites jb, jb accepts it. A pop up shows up on Syg and my screen to approve jb joining the game since jb has less than point limit. If at least one of us does not, jb can not join

Sound complicated :D ?
Matty wrote:
Yes, way to complicated. Apart from that, goodluck inviting the 9th player in a long term game :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
jonboy1967 wrote:
I think I might have picked up on something important. The points thing is kind of a big deal. If I get in a higher point game and win, they lose more points. And on the other hand if they beat me, they may not get as many points. Is that what you were talking about up there Matty? Or is it just the newbie thing? The newbie thing is still averted cuz of the invite itself. Anyway, if it is the point thing I completely get that.
tramadol wrote:
I agree JB, in our games, the newbie joining was never an issue with this, as we would only invite players that we know can play the game, but are below the minimum points to join. However, having said that, the password eliminates the need for this.

As you just mentioned about the amount of points you'd lose or gain to a lesser point player, I have to say, this is irrelevant, as there can be corporals or sergeants making minimum point games which much higher ranks join and the higher ranks will be in the same situation. It isn't always about the amount of points, it is about winning, learning & fun too.
I would have gone along with this idea for the convenience of not having to move all the players already joined to a different game creation with password when a known "safe" player arrives and can't join due to the points limit. That would be great in our circle of players. However, I think this is where Matty was going on a bigger picture with this, I can see room for abuse, where a low or medium rank player places a high minimum point limit, fooling high rankers into a false sense of security and then inviting his newly joined friend/s who ruin/s the game in 1 move. Also the perfect rank attacker tool for sadistic types and collusion cheats to gain or cause loss of a high number of points.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Ah here comes a problem I have never thought of before, thanks tramadol.

Honestly though, which one of us would join a Muzital game not made by someone we know? I don't see this deception working very well...
jonboy1967 wrote:
I never thought of that before tramadol. I must agree. Maybe I will just learn to play better. lol
Matty wrote:
To clarify: if you have 1000 points yourself, you cannot create a game with a minimum point limit higher than 1000, you must be able to join yourself (at the moment of creation).
Matty is online.