• 10 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Matty wrote:
The problem is that there are quite some moderators who like to read all forum posts and have the skill to answer questions (also, lots of other ppl are decent enough to answer them), so alot of options fall away.

As soon as someone is allowed to touch the code at DXII, he has the power to do literally everything, meaning he can do more than most admins here can. So any programmer (or tech team member) is in fact an admin (so yes, in some sense I'm an admin).

We already have some map assistants (Assistant Cartographers: PsymonStark, cbt711, The_Bishop), and I believe they get partly free premium for helping out (though not entirely sure - they already where premium members before they became cartographers).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
cbt711 wrote:
Yeah I already paid for premium... what was I thinking? :)

4mygod's rule was a year for every new map, Fendi's rule is... unknown.

(I think at my job, it takes about 20 minutes to make the money required for a year of premium, it took me about 60 hours to make Solar System, and I didn't work on it alone. Sooo free year seems like slave labor to me haha. I do it for the fun of it)
tramadol wrote:
I think most of the long term players here feel like assistants anyway, we help with questions, browse games and chat boxes to see what's happening & the latest info, we bring unseen things and new ideas from other players to the staff's / forum's attention, we answer questions if we 100% know the answers, we make improvement suggestions and respond to all the feedback (good or bad), we encourage the new players and seek to help the site become profitable without the need for employed staff. It takes me a month to earn enough spare money to buy premium so I wish I could make a map and get some subsidy, just kidding, I put money in a jar to pay my way. Oh and we make riddles on the Off Topic forum that drive other players insane trying to work them out!
UltrasPlot wrote:
lol... Honestly though we could use some more moderators in different time zones, we tried for 20 minutes desperately to end a game until Vexer appeared and saved us :D
2ofclubs wrote:
Check out game 1011030, for the last 4 turns. It wouldn't let me make troop move. Then it let me turn in cards but NOT place 23 armies. The turn timed out and then I was eliminated. I probably wouldn't of won but couldn't fight to the end either. Glitch?
Thanks for a great game and all your efforts.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs wrote:
Check out game 1011030, for the last 4 turns. It wouldn't let me make troop move. Then it let me turn in cards but NOT place 23 armies. The turn timed out and then I was eliminated. I probably wouldn't of won but couldn't fight to the end either. Glitch?
Thanks for a great game and all your efforts.
Edited; 09 May, 07:06:04
roy12345 started the turn.
09 May, 07:06:00
2ofclubs ran out of time.
09 May, 07:03:22
2ofclubs received 20 troops for turning in cards Britain, Indonesia, and Ontario.
09 May, 07:03:02
2ofclubs received 3 troops for 2 territories.
09 May, 07:03:02
2ofclubs started the turn.
09 May, 07:02:59
Round 21 started.
WRKD4IT
Andies wrote:
How do I message admin? Two games ago I missed the start of the game and was suspended, which is fair enough if there is a turn alert notice, which there doesn't seem to be. Without the turn alert notice I think the suspension penalty should be reduced to something more reasonable like 10 minutes. I was blocked for over a half an hour. Then I played my next game in full and attempted to create another game and have been suspended for 40 plus minutes. Why?
Andies wrote:
Nope. I try not complain but this is one thing I have mentioned for a while now. I am simple and dumb enough for it to as silly as a volume thing but that doesn't seem to be it.