Highlights board on the live and long-term game pages
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Dferguson wrote:
I was thinking that since it is hard to get players input on forums because most players don't read them. If you were to offset the live games so they where all the way to the left or right margin instead of being centered on the page you would possess enough space to display links to current forum topics that you want players suggestions on... eg "should we join with another site"

This should increase the gamers awareness that you are looking for their thoughts with out having them search through the forums to find it.

Of course you could not have every discussed forum there but the admins/mods/owner could place topics that they feel merit more then the normal 20 players comments on. 
Cireon wrote:
I suppose you have a large monitor, yes? Because if I make my window smaller to fit a resolution we are actually supporting, I don't see any space:

[image]

Also, I am in favour of properly splitting the forums and the gameplay pages. I don't think people will actually start posting on the forums because of this. I do think more people will get annoyed over this than actually benefit from it; so despite the technical limitations, I don't think the forum should be "advertised" on other pages.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
hosernaut wrote:
I just realized I misunderstood what you said.

How about instead of having it right next to the live games, we have one or two links at the very top, next to the Long Term Games and Live (Speed) Games button. I feel like that would be more visible, and less in the way.
Dferguson wrote:
Or you could place it where the 5 minute turn banner is... is that really needed?

Cireon: perhaps it wont increase the amount of players contributing in the forum but leaving it in the currently way obviously not generating the discussion in certain topics. I dont think a trail run would make it any worse.

I can see that clogging up the main game page could overwhelm people, like a restaurant menu with way too many items on it. But I think encouraging players before games or while waiting for there turn to read topics in the forum instead of watching YouTube videos would be easier to do by making a hot link to important forum topics....

hosernaut wrote:
The 5 minute timer banner would be a good spot too. I've always thought that banner was strange. Usually when we even have a 5 minute game, it was done by accident. Most people play 3 minute.
Villain191 wrote:
How about we do away with the 'live' chat and put the recent forums posts in there. I mean do we really need people broadcasting 'Homeless people are speed bumps' and all the other crap that gets posted in there.