• 18 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
jonboy1967 wrote:
Dear whoever might really care,

Until the day comes where someone (name rhymes with Vexer) looks through ALL my games and tells me WHY in a game where the dice are 50/50, my dice are about 35/65 at best. Ya know, I'm not the guy to bitch without some kind of answer. Soooo follow me here Vexer.

If, as you say the dice are 50/50. It seems to me that would be site wide with ALL games going on at that time. IF that is the case then only 50% of the people online at one time get good dice and 50% don't. I play with people who have absolutely awesome (check the top 25) dice. Here is where I think the program might be upgraded. Not even sure if you have the space for it. The dice should be 50/50 per dice roll. Space enough so say MY dice are 50/50 when I roll. Individualize the rolls, don't make it site wide. I think in this manner people would find the dice more equal.

I am by no means a programmer. However, I am very very good at math. It seems the math does not add up to me.

Bottom line. Until I get an IM from you Vexer saying you have looked at my games, I am not playing another game. I'm not going to leave the site. I'm going to pay my membership, but I am going to pull any and everyone I can into this. I have numerous witnesses to the awfulness of my dice personally. Please help us find a solution.

Jonboy67
SpamFree wrote:
Statistically it's 50/50 over the long haul, but games are played in the peaks and valleys of individual rolls.

Hope this helps :)

(do you REALLY want people peeping at ALL you games? ;) )

jonboy1967 wrote:
I could care less. And statiscally over my LONG run, it is NOT even close to 50%. Not close
jonboy1967 wrote:
the nature of math is this....A group of 100 (whole site) and you have 2 of everyones name in a hat. You start pulling names and you are going to pull someones name twice before you even get through the first 100. Buuuut. If you only (individual rolls) have 100 names and 1 of everyones name in a hat you get TRUE odds. Does that make good sense or not?
Cireon wrote:
  • Your chances are not supposed to be 50/50;
  • the dice are proven to be pseudo-random;
  • yes, we added a special case for user 13587 that makes the die rolls lower.

We have looked at the dice mechanics time after time and as we can prove the dice are right and you can not prove the dice are wrong, I do not see any point in complaining about dice, aye? I don't know why I am still responding to complaints about dice, it's getting old...
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
lifeinpixels wrote:
jonboy1967 - May 23, 09:59 PM
However, I am very very good at math.
Good enough to calculate that 3 vs 2 dice doesn't give you 50/50 odds in this game? :)

People tend to exaggerate the good or bad in any situation. Unless you counted all your rolls, I wouldn't trust what you think is the case. Take a look at this post if you still don't trust that the dice are accurate.
Vexer wrote:
What is this 50/50 crap? The dice are the same as in real life. You have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a 1, a 2, a 3 etc.
Have a look at what the dice probabilities are supposed to be:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)#Dice_probabilities

And about the dice being sitewide, I already modified the dice algorithm to be segregated by game. So unless you are playing a same-time game the dice are individualized.

I have spent years working on the dice and I already found a great solution to normalize them a little bit to reduce the chances of extreme dice without changing the fact that you will roll an equal amount of each number 1-6 over time.
UltrasPlot wrote:
Psychologically speaking, you remember bad dice games better than good dice games. That is why 54/46 seems like 35/65 sometimes. I suffer from this too. XD :)
Villain191 wrote:
You're probably just really unlucky, only getting 1s and 2s while someone else gets your 5s and 6s. Unlucky.
iTrend wrote:
jb, all you gotta do is ask me! Dag. Was glitchin' your dice for months now!

I'l stop.
Sygmassacre wrote:
TIPS FOR AVOIDING BAD DICE

1). Play only "muzzitals", do nothing but build on your cap, wait for the person before you to fail miserably, sweep in and win the game with 100 vs 15, wait for the next time this situation comes up in your favour, rinse and repeat (and get really bored for the 20 games until this situation arises again)

2.) Play tiddly-winks (no dice in that game)
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
lifeinpixels wrote:
We do send out a secret to premium members to improve their dice (don't click this if you aren't premium!).

Spoiler (click to show)