Make canceling a game easier and less troublesome
  • 15 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Stratosphere wrote:
I think it would be good to make the game cacelation process automatic.
Implementing it in game options, as a voting system, making it possible to cancel the game with agreement of all alive players...
Also lifts the load of answering to canceling requests from you admin/moderators.
I think anyone who saw the game cancelation process would like it...
And there are games which had to be canceled, but didnt because no admin or moderators were online. But in this way, not only canceling would be easier for players, but also makes the job of admins or moderators easier..
tramadol wrote:
This would be a very good system, apart from the times when cancellation is due to a ruined game, where a moderator or admin would normally have to discuss matters with the violator.

But the whole idea is fantastic as long as all the remaining players have to select it, it stops any abuse.

Perhaps there could be a mini menu for why you cancelled and if due to ruined / spoiled game because of someone's actions or broken rules, this could be selected for a moderator to follow up at a later date.
Vexer wrote:
Yep, this has been on the to do list for years. Now that I have had experience adding the resign button and report player tab, this should be a snap. But I still have a lot of work to do for the reports and after that I am fixing same time games so it might be awhile before I can get to it.
Stratosphere wrote:
Nice to hear that...
Thanks Vexer. Looking forward to see the cancel the game button in the games :)
tontot wrote:
My suggestion to this will be (if possible)

1. Option to change the game to long term or cancel the game if all alive players vote.

2. When cancel is selected, option to cancel the game with no one gain any points OR the winning points are distributed to all alive players (6 players played and it becomes stalemate when it comes to 3 players)
Dferguson wrote:
i like tontot idea.. and i hope this topic is making its way to the top of the programmers list.
Vexer wrote:
#1 is also on the to do list.

#2 I'm not sure if I agree. You get points for winning, not for holding out and stalemating the game. If you can get points for stalemating a game then stalemates will become even more prevalent and make the game horribly boring. We want ideas that lead to less stalemates, not more. I might even consider an option to restart the game with the same players if the game stalemates because it gets past that point where players have more troops than 5/3 times the card turn in value.
elysium5 wrote:
I like the idea of a restart, Vexer. It is a perfectly fair way to deal with a stalemate.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
With regards to the restart, what if the dead players have logged off? would they lose tokens for timing out?
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
tontot wrote:
Restart the game obviously does not work since the game may last a long period of time already (live or long term games). Dead players may stop playing, join a new game or even banned from the site.

hosernaut wrote:
tontot - May 21, 12:28 PM
Restart the game obviously does not work since the game may last a long period of time already (live or long term games). Dead players may stop playing, join a new game or even banned from the site.

They could make it a voting system where every player (living and dead) has to vote yes to make it restart. Otherwise, it would just get cancelled.
Vexer wrote:
And all the votes would have to occur within 10 minutes of each other for live games and all the players will still need to be active. 24 hours for long term games and yes even the dead players would have to vote.
Stratosphere wrote:
alongside of making all in one 10 minutes, it can also be like a checkmark, so one can vote for canceling or calcel his vote because the circumstances is changed now..
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
My vote it's for cancellating the game (just that). If players want to restart it's easy to set up it again and send invitations.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra