voice?
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
killrick wrote:
one for the programers
i was thinking about the chat and how to make it way better than the outher guys
is it even possible with the resorses available?prolly not but just throwing it out there
a voice chat with a keyed microphone{such as the space bar}as too many ppl on the mic at one time just messes it up
it would put d12 into the only place in the online risk catagory that can offer such a thing
i think that the chat is a big part of the game
helps to influence the better outcome of a game
manipulation is all part of the game
as a 2 finger typer i feel handycapped
the outher option is a skype {or outher such thing}link to a conference call but lets not stress the servers
lifeinpixels wrote:
I think this would be a great feature if the site were a handful of friends, but not as it is right now, unfortunately.

First of all, it would be extremely hard to moderate. I don't think any of the staff would like to go through hours of recordings to find someone who was accused of profanity, and that is even assuming that all dialogue would be saved. Additionally, alliances and teaming would be much harder to verify. Text is far better because it is easy to read through quickly and cheap to save forever.

This is not to mention the amount of programming it would take and the toll it would require of the servers. I'm not an expert in this area but I'm sure that it would be no easy task, to say the least.

Cireon wrote:
There is a reason people use separate programs like Teamspeak and Mumble to voice chat. The amount of server stress gets quite large and it is near-to-impossible to program.

Not gonna happen. If you want to voice chat, then set up a server on an external service like the ones I named before.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
I was going to say the same thing. Never going to happen.