This would create true fog games
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
corpcrusandwich wrote:
So I hear a lot of people complain in fog of war games that other people are divulging information to other players which they feel is against the rules. Personally I feel that the chat is a very fun part of fog of war because part of the fun is that you can lie and manipulate other people. It also allows players to warn each other when someone is getting too strong.

However, not everyone agrees that these things should be part of a fog of war game, since they think that in a true fog of war only the people who can see them should learn information about them. Because of this I think that there should be an option when creating a fog of war game to disable the chat. This would allow players to choose to play by whichever fog rules they believe to be the correct rules, and would prevent the players who want to play a true fog game from feeling that someone is cheating.

I know that this would prevent people from being able to make alliances with each other, so there could be pre-made chat options in the no chat game which would allow for this to happen.
    For example: (insert color here) would you like peace for (x number) of turns?