To enebale referral links for inviting new player to the site via email etc.
  • 4 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
True-Detective wrote:
The current referral system doesn't do enough to tempt current players to refer DXII to their friends. I have an improvement to this system which I think would work way better.

The main problem is that you need to enter the name of the referrer in registration, which probably you don't pay much attention to in your first impression of the site.

This problem is solvable by providing each player with a referral link, which they can send out via their email, or use in their blogs or etc.

By clicking on this link to register, the new player would count as an invited player by the link's user. This way the number of players in the website could grow exponentially.

The current system which you only get tokens after your referred players finish games on the site prevents potential abuses of the system. But a great encouragement for players who bring in new players with this proposed system would be the premium membership prize. Say if you attain 5000 tokens via this referral system (10 players invited with each finishing at least 25 games), you would be rewarded with a 3-months premium membership.

I know marketing and I think that this is the best thing DXII can do to increase the number of players without paying direct money for internet ads.

I would appreciate inputs to the idea.
elysium5 wrote:
No for the premium membership on the referrer system. We will just get flooded with a bunch of immature school kids. A handful are respectful but the majority are not.

We are more interested in growing the site with a smaller number of serious players rather than a large number of ones who couldn't care less.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."