$$$$$$$$$
  • 9 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
cbt711 wrote:
I have been seeing ads for risk games on facebook, and ios devices, including EA and Hasboro's actual RISK. They are all terrible. If you guys combo'd this format with facebook and mobile devices, you'd be the next candy crush.
lifeinpixels wrote:
We might get money, but would it really be worth it with the way this community would change?
cbt711 wrote:
You could keep this site as is, and simply make another format with this gametype where you only play facebook friends. That would avoid an influx of noobs ruining live games or jerks or whatever could be bad about adding a few hundred thousand players :)

I think Candy Crush works so well because it limits your exposure to only people you already "know" through facebook.

Just a thought, can't imagine how hard this is. Probably very.
Clarke wrote:
In candy crush you are playing by yourself. You can't disturb the playing experience of other players. If all of a sudden there were 100,000 new folks on here, MANY a game would be ruined. Admin would be flooded with thousands of complaints.

We need slow steady growth.
Cireon wrote:
I am not even going to seriously respond on this. This is not gonna happen ever I tell ya ;)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
cbt711 wrote:
Like I said in my last post, it can be compartmentalized so it never hurts this site. You guys need some more ambition. This is the best Risk format anywhere online.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/http://dominating12.com

I think that value is low by a factor of 1000 personally.
Cireon wrote:
Well then, can you please tell me how we are going to get together the people to work on this? The initial funds to setup the licenses and to pay people? Oh, and if Hasbro already allows us to make money on Risk, I am sure they will start complaining once the big bucks come in.

You say ambitious, I say realistic. I am a game developer, I know what is involved in developing and eventually publishing a game. Have you noticed my inactivity here? That's because I am working over twenty hours a week on a side project next to my (full-time) study. The reason this site exists is because some people's love for this community is big enough to volunteer time to this website. The premium accounts are not there to make money, but to keep this site up and running. Money is not the prime reason this site exists.

I am not trying to be unnice, but - even though I have no say at all if it comes to this website, I am just someone that advises on programming and sometimes does some programming himself - I think that when I say it is not gonna happen, I know what I am saying. But well, feel free to continue talking about this. I am sure a staff member will eventually confirm what I said ^^
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
cbt711 wrote:
That's fair. If not for hasboro owning the rights to the game, I really think this format is the best I've played. That's all. 
True-Detective wrote:
Actually I think you need a rush of new players, there has been time and time that I've come here to play, not to find any interesting games to play, because there are less than 10 players in the lobby.

This also hurts the new players who don't understand why there are so few players in this site and leave it for good after failing to start the game they want to play.

The number of players in the lobby should grow to at least 20 in a constant basis. If not with facebook or tablet app, via some limited advertisement or other practical means.