a choice of play type
  • 11 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
tramadol wrote:
There could be a separate section for the fun players (rank and point free), which may be a welcome area for a lot of people here at D12 that are just here for fun and this would also allow the staff to give any type of game option requested in the Fun Section.

Those that take it VERY serious and don't like it when others don't see it their way, won't have to worry any longer as those that don't see it their way would only want to play on the FUN section.

A ranked section and a non ranked section, choose your section at the log-in screen, have 1 account allowed and an automated generation of the same account name, but with a suffix when you enter the Fun section, that way not so many people will be hung up on their own ambitions and those that couldn't give a hoot about rank or points will have a great time chatting and playing risk.

It could be a simple 2 button choice at the log in screen, where one has to be selected before log-in = (Fun / Rated).
Player log-in names for rated games will not be accepted in the fun section and vice versa, a suffix will automatically be generated and as no points or rank can be gained there is no reason to keep a record of the player, just make the suffix every time they enter the fun section. e.g. tramadol-D12
nicg wrote:
i agree this is a good idea. I think this will also be a good way to try out new strategies and good for the newer players.
Muzthebus wrote:
I think that is a very interresting idea..

i think it could safe alot of conflicts about pp not taking the game seruisly..

if u need a game for fun, bam u just change log in. and it's all for fun..:D

"Don't believe in motto's":P
SpamFree wrote:
[image]

This sounds very similar to a post aeronautic made about a training section ;)

Cireon wrote:
I don't think it should be a hard split between the two. That would divide the community in two in a very bad way. Why not just make a possibility to play "fun games" aka pointless games? And hey, that is already on the list!
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Sygmassacre wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this game is fun now? I <3 this game. People entering into the "fun" section will view it as a license to play silly and ruin games with no recourse and that doesn't sound very fun to me at all
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Vexer wrote:
We have already decided to allow the option for pointless aka ratingless games. But it has to wait for the redesign of the 'join game' screen to make sure players know when they are joining one.

We won't be implementing the choose at login idea. That would make the play for fun section look like a ghost town for awhile and it would look bad to new players. The choosing should happen when you create a no points game.
tramadol wrote:
Ok that's cool, just looking for something as an option for those that don't care about rank etc... Look forward to the point-less games!
cbt711 wrote:
It would be great for teaching people strats and helping them out too. Someday, way down the road presumably, there could be a tutoring option. Say officer and premium members only could start it. Anyone can join, but the game creator would have options to set the game up, undo moves, highlight troops or territories, and could actually teach others the harder concepts. Would be awesome.
tramadol wrote:
spamfree
This sounds very similar to a post aeronautic made about a training section ;)

I just went there and don't see any similarity in my suggestion above, but perhaps that's because it just came to me as a good idea for those who want the fun of the game, but not the onus of rank & points, when I read about your angst.

aeronautic
13.Make a Training area which is available for designated experienced players to train newcomers or players that want to better themselves and have a 'trained' version of your rank badge (members and free players) if you complete 10 training sessions split between Deathmatch & Capitals using different card and fortification options. This would allow the availability of a new and very valuable create game option, where you could select "trained players only" and would greatly reduce the amount of rank attacks, unnecessary suicidal attacks & spite attacks.

Not you too spamfree? LOL