allow "invisible" resign?
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
scaevola wrote:
I'm new, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Can we allow players to resign without it showing up in their profile if the game is down to two players? I really do not want to resign games. It detracts from the experience for other players, so I do not want my profile to show resignations. When it comes down to two remaining players though--or in a 2-player game--very often the outcome is obvious. When I have no hope at all in this situation, I will "throw" the game in order to speed it up without officially resigning. If I could resign without it showing on my profile, it would save me and my opponent the drudgery of playing out a pointless endgame.
Clarke wrote:
Mr. Scaevola, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out argument.
Vexer wrote:
Please guys, there is a search box, use it before creating a new topic. We don't need 12 threads about resigning.

I agree and will change the code this weekend. I can reset the resign tallies afterwards.
Vexer wrote:
I have just changed the code so that it only removes tokens and increments your profile stat if you go neutral. That means if you resign in a 2 player game or when there are only 2 players left it won't cost any tokens and it won't count towards the number of times you've resigned on your profile page.

I have also reset the resign count for everyone back to 0.