• 14 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
BrewDog wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing site lag lately or is my cpu just a pos? By lately I mean the last week or so.
Cireon wrote:
Yush
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
elysium5 wrote:
No lag for me.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Vexer wrote:
are any of you in games where that are past round 100? Do you have the log showing just 3 rounds or the whole thing? I notice in one of my test games that after there were several thousand lines in the log everything slowed down. If your computer is slower than mine than the slow down could happen even sooner.

I know brewdog has some really old games. I would like to know if those games seem slower than a brand new game.

Also, I noticed 134 players online the other day. That's a lot. Try and schedule your turn taking during off peak hours if at all possible. We don't have the numbers yet to justify upgrading the server. We've been hovering at around 2000-2200 active members.
BrewDog wrote:
Round 219 in game 168927, round 154 in game 192606. Currently 87 online. The log was showing the last three rounds. I'm using FF as a browser. This just started happening very recently, within the last two weeks. I'm not complaining or suggesting an upgrade, I'm just trying to point it out in case a recent programming change or some code could be causing it.
LordVader wrote:
Yeah Vexer thats what I have been doing, I love to play live games but when there are more than 100 online, I will only play my long term game turns...and even that has to load for awhile

No games for me over 100. Also use FF
Vexer wrote:
Yeah, it's hard for me to judge the lag cause I'm not on during peak hours. The site is always fast for me.
LordVader wrote:
Well next month ill be supporting the site again when my premium expires!!
BrewDog wrote:
It's definitely the older games. Didn't you make a change to moving massive amounts of armies recently? I thought I read that someplace. Perhaps its the chat log.
Vexer wrote:
yeah, i fixed the code to run faster for moving large armies but both the chat and the game log will slow things down significantly if there are lots of rows. The good news is that the processing of the chat and log are done on your end so if you use a faster computer then the game will update faster. I'm sure there are optimizations that could be done but we have some big things we are working on now so I won't look into it for a long time.

I suggest playing more aggressively so the games don't go as long.
BrewDog wrote:
I think it may be a FireFox issue. I downloaded Chrome and I'm flying. The aggression suggestion... ya, I'm learning that the hard way. A long torturous lesson.
Vexer wrote:
It's not necessarily an issue with firefox it's just that chrome interprets some elements of javascript faster.