being able to right click and invite from the "Who's Online" list
  • 23 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
jonboy1967 wrote:
Vexer I think it would really be beneficial if we could right click from the who's online list instead of having to remember names and go back and forth to our game. Is that something you could program in or not? At least somehow be able to invite to our games from that page would be awesome. Anyway it could be done. Thanks

P.S. Unless there is something I am not seeing that is already in place.
Vexer wrote:
Well, then you would have to remember the game number or paste it in for every player you invite.

Hmm, maybe each game can have a special link to the who's online page and send the game number to that page. Then the who's online page can check to see if a game number was sent and if so put an invite button next to every players name. I'm not very good at these sorts of things though. That is more Matty's area of expertise. Let's see if he is interested in the idea. If not I can try to figure it out but I am working on a few really big things right now, namely a player rating system and fixing same time games, so it could be awhile. And Matty is working on team games. Maybe Cireon?
Matty wrote:
Cireon is also busy.

I think it shouldn't be too hard though, I have an idea of how to do it, but don't have time. Remind me in two weeks, and I might do it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Inviting friends is something I will do together with implementing the avoid list probably, but yeah... I am really busy with a lot of other project that are frankly more important than my work for DXII, so I can't really focus on these features right now (even though I would like to :) ).
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
SpamFree wrote:
As a player who invites folks quite regularly, I think this would be an excellent addition to the site.

[image]

Matty wrote:
Ok, I just have to say, you just made me laugh :)

We should have a BB-code for that xD
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
SpamFree wrote:
Matty, glad you enjoyed that. It took me a bit as I am no artist.
As far as BB-code, I believe you may be the guy for that mission ;)

Matty wrote:
Nobody reminded me, so took me a bit more than 2 weeks, but I managed to actually think of this one.

It should work, if not, try Ctrl-F5ing a couple of times and try again :)

(The word "Invite" now is a link, and if you click it, you should go to the who's online list (or player ranks list for long term games) and see some "invite to 1337" links (or whatever game number you like)).
PsymonStark wrote:
Could you put the invite page sorted by last active?

Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
It should do that automatically for live games.

For long term games, you can just click on "Last Active", to sort it.

Errr, well, you SHOULD, but you can't - I'll fix that right now :)

Edit: works now :)
PsymonStark wrote:
Thanks, but keep on mind you can only sort once without losing the links ^^
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
Oh, looks like I forgot the "Turns Taken" link - does it work for you now?
BETA wrote:
didn't realize this was already here. great! and thanks