Limit of 5
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
Currently players are limited to only being allowed to create 5 long term games that have a minimum point value to play.

May I ask why this limit is in place?

If you are a premium player and one of the reasons you went premium is to be able to play many long term games at the same time, and if you also want to only play games with folks whose points are in your neighborhood, why shouldn't you be allowed to do this?

I understand that one reason is: "What if these higher points people only create high points games, there will not be any games available for lower points folks to join".

Well nobody is forbidden from making their own games that they themselves can play. Why should someone be limited to 5 games if they paid for premium but want to have many more long term games going with higher points people?

There are no restrictions on other categories as far as I can tell. If this is limited, why not limit players to 5 capitals games, or 5 fog games, or 5 games in which they are the color orange... Of course this is all nonsense, but the limit on minimum points seems just as non-sensical and arbitrary to me as well.

There are currently 15 long term games with minimum points required awaiting players out of 58 total available. 5 of those I created. So it is not like EVERYONE is doing it. I think it is an unnecessary restriction. If you don't want to eliminate the restriction, how about raising it to 20 for a test period and see the effect.

Thanks for listening.
Matty wrote:
The limit gets higher if you play alot of games, though I don't know how right now.

There were several good reasons back then, but I don't remember them anymore.
The only one I can think of right now is to encourage ppl to play with noobs and pro's, and not just in their private little elite group.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.
bluebird005vis wrote:
This does not work because you can create a password protected game and only invite players who have a minimum amount of points thereby achieving the same goal as creating a minimum entry level for a game.
This is a completely useless restriction that has no effect whatsoever other than encourage elitist little clubs of players that only play together because if you are forced to create password protected games to insure no newbies or low ranked players enter you can be sure players will invite the players they know 1st.
Vexer wrote:
Excellent point bluebird005vis. I propose we remove the restriction and see how it goes.

When we made the restriction the site was much smaller and there was a real fear that there wouldn't be enough games for new players to join. New players are sometimes hesitant to just create their own games because they are intimidated by all the options. They'd rather a pro decide which options work best on which maps.

The site is probably big enough now to drop the restriction.

If there are objections I suggest we try removing the restriction first and see if those objections are actually valid instead trying to argue them before hand.

If it's alright with you Matty, can you remove it when you have some free time?

Clarke wrote:
Wow, I am very pleased that my suggestion was approveded. Thanks so much!!!
Matty wrote:
The limit is removed now, tell me if anything is wrong.

@Bluebird, please note that noone ever intended to force ppl to play newbies every now and then, it was just to stimulate them.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty is online.