Creating new dynamics in stalemate games.
  • 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
I guess that the best way of explaining this suggestion it's through an example. I will use the Mediterranean map, which has a lot of small bonus.

If there are just three players on the game when sets are already capped it's quite difficult to avoid stalemate because the game can be easily balanced if two players cooperate against the one who is leading; so it doesn't make too much sense to risk your leading position with a big attack because when the other two players try to balance the game the leading player is in risk of being over-attacked.

How to solve this? Giving an incentive to take risks to the leader(s) in stalemate games. In the example of the Mediterranean game my suggestion is to create new 3 area bonus (“over” the current ones) that might be: Western Europe, North Africa, Middle East and Egypt whose bonus would be 40, 32 and 27 troops for each area (I didn't calculate the bonus, they are just an example). Now the leading player has some incentive to take risks, because if he gets one of these bonuses and he can add this huge bonus to his actual one (and we can imagine than this one was already bigger than their opponent's ones because he is leading the game) and now he can try to fight in two fronts.

There are maps with high connectivity (like Westeros) where these huge bonus would be really difficult to get, but I think this point can make the games there much more interesting.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra