It works properly but it shows something weird
  • 3 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
The_Bishop wrote:
I was playing my turn in a long term game, I have a multiple kill to do but then I realized I had no time enough to finish my move because I had to go, so I decided to press the add-time button.

My timer was showing 00h 45m and after pushing the button for 1 second it showed 34h 45m and then self-arranged to 24h 45m. Weird, well "I have 24 hours" I thought.

Now that I'm available to play I have just checked my game list and it shows my time left equals to 27h. I have thought, it was 24h how could it increase to 27h?? Then I've clicked 'Go to Game' and again the clock for 1 second showed 27h then self-arranged to 17h.

But still it is showing 27h in the game list. So if I had trusted that I would have taken the risk to miss my turn because it's actually showing 10 hours more.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Sygmassacre wrote:
The time showing in the Active Games screen shows how long its been since it became your turn whereas the clock in the actual game shows how long you have to take your turn once you press Start Turn. If you then add time it adds 24hours to both clocks. So if you had 20:45 to start your turn, then start it, then add time the game clock will show 25 hours and the Active Games clock will show 44:45 but you only have what's on the game clock to finish your turn...I think lol
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Vexer wrote:
You are correct Sygmassacre. Your turn will expire when the smaller of the two times is up.

The code dealing with turn time is really messy and hard to understand so hearing this doesn't surprise me.

I'll take a look at the code.

Edit: Fixed - they will now match in the future.