Idea for a game improvement
  • 6 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
I am not sure how many people use the notes tab when playing long term games. I only used it a couple of times.

My problem with it is that I have 50+ long term (24 hour) games going at once. I forget which ones I might have made a note on.

Solution ideas:

1: IF you have a saved note in a long term game, how about that tab being the one that is visible when the game loads instead of the chat box.

or

2: At the very least can there be a feature that if you save a note, the red trim appears around the notes tab (just like the red trim that appears around the chat box if you are reading that game log).

Just SOMETHING to make the notes screen stand out would make it much more useful and helpful

Thanks for listening.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I get in the habit of scrolling to the bottom to read any new chats before I even look at the board. Otherwise I might forget to read the chats. If you made a point to check your notes tab for 3 seconds before every turn, it would get pretty standard for you.
Vexer wrote:
I agree, since most of the time you don't have a note it would be nice for a reminder of when you do have one. I prefer the red trim idea.
Matty wrote:
Hmm, I could do that.

But then I will be annoyed myself, because in some FOG games I will always have to click for a note of which I know the text idea anyways.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
This idea is nice but usually I don't use the game notes.

But this has given me the idea to suggest another similar implementation.
I think almost everybody use the game chat...
I would like when I check my active games list to know if there is something new in the chat, just putting an 'unread' icon next to that game in the game list page.
Game chat is fundamental in many games, not only during my own turn but also during my opponents turn.

Let say that I write in the chat something like "Green promise to provide me a way to North America or I'm going to break your region!". Or also something like "Pink, we need to team now otherwise Red wins! I'm moving out of your region if you promise to break him, answer me please"... But if he has many active games it's hard that he checks the game when it is not his turn!

I can use a private message, I know, but then the next step is to do secret alliances that is against the rules, in my opinion it's better not to encourage the private messages, everything about the game must stay on the game chat.

Plus, usually I don't propose alliances nor I do intimidations in the chat, but usually I like to comment on the game when it has been finished. But when I do it I need to advice my opponents by PM that I have put a comment on the finished game otherwise they would never read that. Sometimes occurred some interesting debates that went on 2 or 3 days after the game has been finished. Since I think the 'unread' icon should be not only in the active games list but also in the finished games list.

Sorry, for being off-topic, if you consider this off-topic I will open another thread, but they looked to me so similar subjects that they can stay together in my opinion.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
It is off topic, but this thread does not look like much more is said about it, so just leave it here, it's fine.

About the idea: it's a very good one, though I don't know how to implent it right away. Both in the code as in the looks.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria