A faster solution.
  • 7 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
lifeinpixels wrote:
I can't count how many times I've been given a game number to look up a game. Every time, I (and everyone else on this site) have to navigate to a page where I can click on a game, replace the number in the address bar, and then load the game.

It's not very intuitive, especially to new players who often don't know how to look up a game with a number.

Would it be easy to add a small box on the top menubar where players could simply paste the game number, hit enter, and be taken straight to the game? It would be nice to be able to do this from anywhere on the site.

If it is a concern that the menu bar would become too cluttered, an alternative idea is to make it a premium-only option, and have the box replace the "premium" button on the far right (which is already useless for premium members).
Matty wrote:
We can also automatically turn "game 112358" or "#112358" into a link, just like we turn ":D" into a smiley.

I think that will work even better, and it won't need an ugly input box on every page.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
^ What Matty says is on my todo list. Even though I need to fix smileys (Dat smiley) first.

EDIT: oh hey, that was working. What is going on!?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
The_Bishop wrote:
Yep, it would be nice! :)

Don't copy and past anymore!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Matty wrote:
@Cireon: I inserted " : D " instead of " D " (without spaces).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
I know I know, it should go wrong in other cases though. Like this maybe? ()

Edit: that also works... what is going on!?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card