• 19 posts
  • Page 1 of 2
DiabloP wrote:
Its really annoying how some players join a game and start missing turns. I'd suggest banning players who miss too many turns.
Vexer wrote:
Before we ban players we give them 3 warnings. We can also limit the number of games they play to 3 and block them from using the extra time button.

"some players" doesn't help. We need a list of players who frequently miss turns or abuse the extra time button.
Dferguson wrote:
can you not view a spread sheet of all active players and correlate all their stats... including turns taken and turn missed? Spread sheet would be very helpful to see the big picture. also I think their should be a banning/limited to 3 games or less for players who miss a certain percentage of turns. Ex a player who misses more then 10% of their turns... sounds simple but might be hard to establish in the server. 
Vexer wrote:
Yes I can get a list of the players who have missed more than 10% of their turns from the database but I can't get a list of players who abuse the extra time button to make players wait when they are losing. Those players must be reported.
westchester wrote:
There are also players who just keep others waiting, when they can easily win the game, they are placing big numbers of troops (like 60) surrounding another persons one troop and instead of actually winning the game, they keep reinforcing over and over again. I think that should also count as missed turns.
elysium5 wrote:
It does count as rude play. You can report -with the proper info- them as well.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
DiabloP wrote:
I think it would be alot easier for the the mods and players if there were "report buttons" next to each game for example buttons for the following:

report player misses turn on purpose
report player adds time to annoy other player
report player uses wrong language
. . .

It would make the whole reporting process alot easier.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I like that idea, but man, some people could really abuse that. I guess it would be easy to punish them though.
westchester wrote:
DiabloP its a good idea, but you know some people might use that to just bother the admins and moderators, which is exactly what I am trying my best not to do, and what everyone should be doing.
urgul wrote:
they are considering changing the rank colors for the admins and mods so they will be more noticable. Just like police using uniforms
Thorpe wrote:
westchester
There are also players who just keep others waiting, when they can easily win the game, they are placing big numbers of troops (like 60) surrounding another persons one troop and instead of actually winning the game, they keep reinforcing over and over again. I think that should also count as missed turns.

Really? If that was the case Fendi would have been banned a long time ago before Vexer...1771...Paddlin... made her into the witch that she is today. I say that if you start this way of thinking, there would be no-one here cause they all have been banned.

Stop this thinking of "If they do something I do not understand...they must be reported" or "I would not do it that way ... so they need to play right, like me"

This is for fun and soon it will be like playing AI's and will not be as fun. Really just play the game.

Oh westchester you have had a lot of complaints about you missing turns at the end... when you know you are losing ... what do we do about that?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
@Thorpe, sometimes its usefull to do that, but I have also seen ppl that played a 1v1 game, and just didnt kill the last single territory (but kept it weak - 1 or 2 troops).
And just kept reinforcing surrounding territories, just to bug the opponent.

And I also know that someone did that to Wetchester, so I think he has a point here.

If that happends, just message an admin or moderator.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
Yes I have seen it also ... but it normally is pay-back for a comment. Never happened to me though...mmm
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next