Create Game - Saving Favorites
  • 12 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Clarke wrote:
I know I have made a lot of suggestions & posted a lot of ideas, but so far all except 1 have gotten positive feedback. So I hope I am not coming off as obnoxious. I just really like the site and am posting things that come to my head as I experience more and more of the website.

So here is my next idea:

In the CREATE GAME (BETA) screen, perhaps there can be a button under the "CREATE GAME" button that says "SAVE SETUP". If you push it, something will happen where you can name and save the setup.

There would also have to be a place at the beginning that allows you to choose your favorite setups and it instantly sets up the game for you. Then you simply click CREATE GAME button to begin.

Once again, just an idea. THANKS!!!
Thorpe wrote:
Clarke this is how things get done...we get so busy doing things that we have no time to think of new ideas cause we are trying to get the other idea's programed and the list is long.

Keep being obnoxious!

Maybe you just need your own topic forum? ... Call it "Clarkes Ideas" and then you can post away. That way all we have to do it go back on the ideas you have and try to get them done or added to the list.

Really keep them coming...you might hit a homerun.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
lifeinpixels wrote:
In regards to your idea, I like it except that it has the potential to be abused by those players who create hundreds of the same type of game. While it's technically ok to create so many games, we try not to encourage it.
Clarke wrote:
Funny thing is L.I.P, I came up with this idea because of those folks who create many games. I thought wow, those guys have a lot of work to do to create all those games. Didn't know it was an unwritten "frowned upon".

Is there something in the programming that kills a long term game if it has not started within 48 hours or a week or whatever???
lifeinpixels wrote:
I believe they are working on a function where you'll need to refresh your status in long term games every couple weeks or so, but again, it's not on the top of the to-do list.

Actually creating hundreds of games was frowned upon at first because it clogged up the long-term lobby, but now that the filter system is implemented it may not matter so much anymore. If there is a real reason that this is not good for the site (I'm talking to the staff here), I'd be interested to know. Otherwise, it's probably ok.

Personally I don't know why someone would want to play 200+ of the exact same 2 player game, but that's not for me to judge.
Clarke wrote:
If someone finds a niche in which they feel strong and can compete with anyone confidently then they can do it and just rack up points if they are successful.
lifeinpixels wrote:
That's the thing, I've been watching some players who play these games and they're not really ranking up.
Matty wrote:
Clarke - Nov 28, 10:42 PM
If someone finds a niche in which they feel strong and can compete with anyone confidently then they can do it and just rack up points if they are successful.
Even if that works, you will never learn to play risk in all circumstances.
The more settings you play, the more you will learn, the better you become.

Well, I wouldn't advice starting too many FOG games early on though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
The more long term games waiting for players, the longer the page takes to load. It takes about twice as long to query the database with all those extra games. Those players who are creating 100+ games are slowing the site down for everyone.
Matty wrote:
The overhead for 50 extra games isn't that much.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Clarke wrote:
Why not set a limit of 10 games created (but not yet started). Once the game begins, they can create more.