• 2 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
scaldwell17 wrote:
Just finished this game: http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=199104

and in the process, I had to reboot firefox just about every third territory taken. The response time would progressively slow, and then effectively freeze the window, which I then would have to force quit and reboot. I don't know what was causing the problem, but I doubt I'm the only one who'll run into it. Any ideas what would cause this? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04, Firefox 25.0
Vexer wrote:
It probably has nothing to do with your computer. It's probably the server. If there are more than about 90 players online then the server starts to get bogged down. The more players online, the slower the response time is. We do have plans to move to a new and faster server and are currently working out the details.

One thing that helps is for players to close their dominating12.com tab if they aren't actually doing anything on the site. If you have a tab open then it will check your messages every 30 seconds and if you have the games list open if refreshes periodically as well. These refreshes do slow the server down.