Max Limit per Territory
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
BrewDog wrote:
How do you like the idea of a pre-set limit on the amount of armies that can occupy a territory? It would promote conflict in fixed games and prevent stalemates (intentional or not =}).
Cireon wrote:
VERY interesting idea. Might require a bit of work to implement because of all the checks, but I definitely agree this would speed up fixed games a lot.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
It's interesting but I'd rather one option I found in one PC Risk game (not applicable for increasing cards). You just can reinforce your countries with:

1 troop + 1 troops for every country you hold with common border with this country.

This is not only a limitation for the number of troops you can have, but it introduces some kind of logistic issue in your plans (if you just have one country in the enemy territory you only can reinforce with one troop, so a good defense it`s lo cut the "lines of reinforcement" of the other players". With big maps it can be a very funny option.
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
BrewDog wrote:
Or maybe just a troop limit. An option perhaps. After 100, 150, 200, etc. if you finish your turn with more than the alloted amount, then you lose em. Forces one to attack.
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
Or to reinforce the provinces next to that one.

I was thinking about this and it could be a solution that after, let'say, three turns where all the players received the same bonus only the difference will be provided. After 3 more turns, if nothing has changed we do the same but just counting the players who had bonuses. An example:

We have Player A (10 troops bonus); Player B (7), Player C (5) and Player D (3).

If in 3 turns nothing changes the bonus would be:

Player A (7); Player B (4), Player C (2) and Player D (0)

If we still are in the same scenario the bonus would be:

Player C and D (0 troops), Player B (2), Player A (5)
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra