increasing timer
  • 5 posts
  • Page 1 of 1
Dferguson wrote:
We have all been there, game with 8 players and it seems players wait for 30 seconds left in their timer to play there turns. This makes games last forever; my thought would be an increasing timer... because the first few turns of game play (especially in capitals) is very limited.

Would their be a away to have the timer start at 1 minute turns then add 15-30 seconds every round and an option for a max time??... like 3 min 5 min or 7 min options currently available. This would speed game play up and put more focus on people paying attention to the games they are playing and not out surfing the net or what have you. 
Matty wrote:
What would be better is to have 2 or 3 minutes to start your turn, and then 5 minutes to finish it.

This way you force ppl to pay attention and start a turn soon, but if nescesary they have the time to take their turns.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
elysium5 wrote:
Not a bad idea at all Matty
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Vexer wrote:
I have also come up with the same idea as matty and support it.

And I also had an idea one time to do something like an increasing clock but only for increasing cards games. The timer would increase by the size of the card turn in. So if the card turn in was 30 then you would get an extra 30 seconds per turn until the card turn in was 35 at which point you would start getting 35 extra seconds per turn. That might work well with 3 minute turns.

I tried programming it once about a year and a half ago but couldn't get it to work. My idea was to have it be standard in all increasing card games but I assume matty would want it to be an option. I can probably program it now but I should probably do the resign button first. Who knows when I will get to it though because my brain is too fried when I get home from work to program and summer weekends are spent outdoors and not in front of a computer.

I've been spending a little bit of time redoing another map because I can manage that after work so I'm more focused on maps right now than programming.
Matty wrote:
I believe I got that idea from you Vexer :)

And yes, there are lots of good ideas around, some on todo lists, but we all need a bit of a break.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria